Brief details about PUP.MediaPlayAir
PUP.MediaPlayAir is considered as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). As from its name very much clear that it is not safe for your system and it has been intentionally designed by the malicious program developers to deliver advertising components to the system users in an irritating manner. This program claims that it is a legit one that is promoted as a system booster program which used to boost the system performance to make it super fast to accomplish tasks very quickly. But these all is just a trick to make a install on the users system to easily do their annoying works which makes your system completely irresponsible and often corrupt. It makes your browser inactive and make changes into their settings to replaces their existing home page or search engine, without taking your approval. It runs various tasks into your system background which makes system so slow to work.
More things about PUP.MediaPlayAir
- Name – PUP.MediaPlayAir
- Type – PUP
- Risk – Medium
- Symptoms – Various unknown downloads, displaying ads, PC degradation etc.
- Infected files – %appdata%\MediaPlayAir, %ProgramFiles(x86)%\MediaPlayAir etc.
- Delivery – Freeware or shareware, pirated programs, suspicious links etc.
- Infected PC – Windows
How does PUP.MediaPlayAir invade into your PC?
PUP.MediaPlayAir is a silent intruder on your system and it may come to your system through some of the very soft areas. After its infection you won't be able to identify that you are infected. some of its infection areas are
- Surfing suspicious websites – If you are a online addict and visit numerous websites daily then you also have knowledge about the safe and secure websites and do not visit a unknown or suspicious looking one. It may intrude some more malware into your system.
- Spam email attachments – Opening of spam email attachments is also a known reason for PUP.MediaPlayAir attacks on the system because the attachment files may contains the auto executable of this PUP and after downloading of file it install itself on the system and run deceptive tasks.
- Fake downloads or links– Due to some of the pirated or fake downloaded programs that can infect your system silently. If you are using an update link to update your system then it might a possibility that this infection may hit your system.
So you should be very careful and try to install a credible anti-malware to remove PUP.MediaPlayAir from your infected system.
A. PUP.MediaPlayAir Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view PUP.MediaPlayAir related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete PUP.MediaPlayAir Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove PUP.MediaPlayAir Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for PUP.MediaPlayAir related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than PUP.MediaPlayAir, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. PUP.MediaPlayAir Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall PUP.MediaPlayAir related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find PUP.MediaPlayAir or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall PUP.MediaPlayAir or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search PUP.MediaPlayAir program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall PUP.MediaPlayAir toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove PUP.MediaPlayAir extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove PUP.MediaPlayAir
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove PUP.MediaPlayAir set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of PUP.MediaPlayAir to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove PUP.MediaPlayAir add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
Uninstall PUP.MediaPlayAir from Firefox
How to Remove PUP.MediaPlayAir Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from PUP.MediaPlayAir. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. PUP.MediaPlayAir Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect PUP.MediaPlayAir or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete PUP.MediaPlayAir completely.
User Guide : Automatic PUP.MediaPlayAir Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of PUP.MediaPlayAir and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of PUP.MediaPlayAir and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with PUP.MediaPlayAir
Step 5 PUP.MediaPlayAir Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.