Important Facts About Mystartpage.net
Mystartpage.net is a questionable search engine website developed by WebSyrup and known to alter the default search engine and homepage without asking user's permission. It can invade the user's computer bundled with various freeware programs that are available over the Internet. Right after infiltrating the user's machine, the threat sets itself as a default search tool which includes plenty of links to social networking websites, sports, news, music streaming, video and other useful sites of the Internet. However, the functionality of Mystartpage.net might not be appreciated by those computer users who have not set this domain as their default search engine or misguided to install its associated program on their machine.
In addition to that, it is important for you to understand that the so-called browser hijacker virus distributes bundled with cost-free applications. Therefore, it can invade the targeted Windows computers unnoticed. However, one can spot this threat after opening their Internet browsers. However, due to the presence of Mystartpage.net hijacker, affected users won't be able to set their previous search engine easily as a default one. In order to remain longer onto the user's machine, the threat alters the default settings of installed web browsers and makes it quite difficult for the regular computer users to perform its removal effectively. Technically speaking, this hijacker can be removed by resetting the browsers and removing suspicious extensions. In case, if you are not a tech-savvy users, you can try automatic removal method to eliminate Mystartpage.net virus.
Why Mystartpage.net should be removed immediately?
Default browser's settings modified by this hijacker are not the only reasons for its deletion. This suspicious search engine domain is related with a potentially unwanted program named 'DuckDuckGo'. With the presence of this threat, you may encounter various unpleasant browser redirects and end up on high-risk domains. Furthermore, Mystartpage.net threat also uses tracking cookies in order to gather data related to the infected users for advertising purposes. As a result, you might get targeted adverts on your PC screen that are especially designed to get you clicks and generate revenue for its developers. These ads might lead you to insecure pages, so you should remove it right away from your system.
A. Mystartpage.net Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Mystartpage.net related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Mystartpage.net Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Mystartpage.net Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Mystartpage.net related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Mystartpage.net, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Mystartpage.net Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Mystartpage.net related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Mystartpage.net or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Mystartpage.net or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Mystartpage.net program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Mystartpage.net toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Mystartpage.net extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Mystartpage.net
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Mystartpage.net set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Mystartpage.net to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Mystartpage.net add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Mystartpage.net Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Mystartpage.net. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Mystartpage.net Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Mystartpage.net or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Mystartpage.net completely.
User Guide : Automatic Mystartpage.net Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Mystartpage.net and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Mystartpage.net and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Mystartpage.net
Step 5 Mystartpage.net Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.
Get Rid Of Mystartpage.net from Chrome
|French||Mystartpage.net Effacement: Guide À Éliminer Mystartpage.net Manuellement|
|German||Löschen Mystartpage.net Manuell|
|Polish||Odinstaluj Mystartpage.net Z powodzeniem|
|Portuguese||Mystartpage.net Eliminação: Passos para Excluir Mystartpage.net Imediatamente|
|Italian||Aiutare Rimuovere Mystartpage.net|
|Spanish||Retirar Mystartpage.net de Internet Explorer : Borrar Mystartpage.net|
|Japanese||削除 Mystartpage.net 簡単に|
|Dutch||Stappen aan Desinstallatie Mystartpage.net van Internet Explorer|
|Danish||Mystartpage.net Sletning: Effektive måde at Fjerne Mystartpage.net I Blot Få Skridt|