MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info – Where Does It Come From?
Speaking of truth, MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info virus is listed under browser hijacker category. Apparently, it carries a tech-support scam and try to extort money from innocent computer users in the name of providing online technical support to fix the problem (remove virus infection) that even doesn't really exist on your Windows PC. During analysis we got to know that the scam gains attentions of victims because it just freezes up web browsers and makes them focus on what it states in couple of stubborn pop up Windows.
In fact, MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info lets you know that your computer is infected with some sort of dangerous virus and so that your credentials (such as Facebook login, credit card number, SSN, Email login and financial informations) are at a higher risk. If you don't take immediate online tech support then you have to bear a huge loss. However, these claims are fake, displayed to you only to extort money from you easily. It is possible that you might believe them. Because for few minutes, it will hijack your browser and blocks you from getting out of it. Even more, the browser hijacker may slow down your computer performance and turn on the Green Screen of Death frequently. However, you should have some patience when you see such error on your Windows system. You should not make contact with fake tech support who claim to be falsely certified by Microsoft. In reality, they are con artists, have only goal to extort money from victims.
MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info: Intrusion Method
- Such tech support scam virus may infiltrate your computer when you download or install cost free programs or games from free download provider sites. Actually, it comes bundled up with other free programs.
- If you double click/execute Junk email attachments or shady links then MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info browser hijacker may arrive onto your computer easily.
- Installing trojanized updates from certainly redirected URLs may also deliver fake tech support scam viruses.
- Sometimes, infected removable media device also spread MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info virus from one to many computers.
Though, we strongly advise you to keep your Antimalware updated to current database. Instead using trial or demo version, you should go for licensed version to get real time protection against even newly launched threats. At last, we are presenting MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info removal guide given below:
A. MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info completely.
User Guide : Automatic MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info
Step 5 MicrosoftSupport.com-scrfix20.info Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.