Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink is a dangerous virus which is used by the cyber offenders in order to take over the targeted machine and then give a third party access to user's PC. It poses a significant threat to user's system privacy and security. Just because of this, if your installed computer security application indicates that your device is infected with such nasty malware, then security analysts strongly recommend the use a full updated and a reliable anti-malware program. However, not eliminating this Trojan immediately from your computer may put your system's private data and financial information at high risk as well. Although, Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink allows the third parties to use your machine by accessing it from a remote location.
However, in order to prevent further malware infections involving other destructive Trojans or even the hazardous ransomware, the cyber security investigators strongly recommend the use of a skilled system security software in order to monitor your device regularly. Also you need to follow the strict security guidelines at the time of browsing the web or connecting any other external drives to your PC. Trojans like Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink are named after the Trojan horse from Greek mythology. The main reason why the Trojans receive such name because, unlike worms or viruses, they cannot spread on their own. Usually, the Trojan threats rely on the system users themselves to enter any targeted machine. Once the malware is opened, much like the Trojan virus released the soldiers inside it into an unsuspecting Troy, the Trojan releases its payload, a malicious even threatening code which carries out the attack onto the victim's machine.
What is the payload of viruses like Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink?
Most of the Trojan threats have their payload which allows access to an infected machine. In addition, it means that they easily establish a backdoor connection from a remote location. However, a backdoor is simply opens a security threat onto the targeted system that allows the third party in order to establish a remote connection from a remote location. By using this connection, the unknown third parties may carry out all kinds of attacks. Some of the vicious attacks like Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink may include the following:
- By using this Trojan, the third parties may download and install other precarious threats onto your computer without your knowledge.
- It may be used by the team of cyber criminals in order to install a data collector program onto the affected machine.
- Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink may also be used by the hackers to take control of an infected system.
- Corrupt some of your important system programs like installed anti-virus and crucial system files.
- It may invade a banking Trojan to steal your confidential information including banking credentials.
A. Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink completely.
User Guide : Automatic Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink
Step 5 Trojan:Win32/Kovter.A!Ink Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.