Technical Description on Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A
Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A is being classified by the malware researchers as a notorious threat which belongs to the family of Trojan virus. It hijacks the popular web browsers and edit the default homepage with a compromised website. The malware may be driven by VBS (Visual Basic Scripting) and operates like a frustrating browser hijacker virus. In most of the cases, browser hijacker forcibly redirects the infected computer users to shady domains, usually malicious web portals promoting the sales of rogue optimization or security applications. In this case, Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A diverts you to a phishing site which increases the web traffic of such dubious portals and gain pay-per-click residuals.
Malicious Consequences of Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A
- Disable any tools or softwares threatening its elimination from the infected computer, such as firewall, anti-virus app, administrative or system security tools like Task Manager.
- Modify the registry entries in order to put harmful executables. So that, the malware runs every time whenever the affected computer starts or reboot.
- Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A adds its rogue programs to the list of your installed applications in order to bypass firewall.
- Hijacks your installed browsers and point you to a suspicious search tool generally one that hackers has partnered with.
Furthermore, you may or may not be aware of the hackers' intent to redirect you such phishing web portals. The Trojan might use a rootkit in order to hide on your system, so that you cannot eliminate it permanently and completely from the machine. In case, if you are not skilled in modifying the Windows registry entries to remove Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A manually, then you should avoid removing the malware using manual steps.
How To Deal with Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A?
It is a kind of dangerous computer virus which tries to evade the detection and removal from your computer. Although, your installed anti-virus program might not be able to detected and delete the malware. In this kind of situation, you should use a reputable and powerful anti-malware shield to immediately find and remove Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A from your computer automatically. You can use the tool recommended below in this article to perform its elimination.
A. Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A completely.
|French||Supprimer Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A Avec succès|
|German||Wissen wie Entfernen Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A|
|Polish||Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A Usuwanie: wskazówek, które Usunąć Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A Z powodzeniem|
|Portuguese||Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A Desinstalação: Passos simples para Excluir Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A Completamente|
|Italian||Disinstalla Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A da Firefox|
|Spanish||Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A Supresión: Ayudar a Retirar Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A En clics simples|
|Danish||Fjernelse Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A Fuldstændig|
|Dutch||Verwijder Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A van Firefox|
User Guide : Automatic Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A
Step 5 Trojan:VBS/Mutuodo.A Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.