Trojan.Redleavy – Research report
Trojan.Redleavy is classified as a Trojan horse that steals information from compromised computer and sends it to its developers via remote location. Well, being a typical Trojan horse it is able to contribute several other damages on your system than you have never expected. It was created on April 3rd, 2017 and currently being distributed by a group of professional cyber crooks in order to perform illegal activities onto the compromised Windows computers. It drops auto-run codes in your system that help other troublesome malware to execute malicious processes automatically at boot time. Presence of Trojan.Redleavy degrades your system performance literally and creates hundreds of vulnerabilities on your computer.
Discovered: April 3, 2017
Updated: April 3, 2017 11:15:06 AM
Infection Length: 3,804,160 bytes
Systems Affected: Windows
Trojan.Redleavy – Distribution Tactics
Generally, Trojan.Redleavy sneaks in the Windows-machine using stealth installation without even user’s permission. The trojan uses various mischievous means like software bunching, Torrent sites, email scooping, social engineering tactics, P2P networks and file sharing platform, infected USBs and Pornographic sites in order to invade into the targeted system. To stay undetected inside affected computer for a long time, Trojan.Redleavy horse injects its code to legitimate programs and keeps executing various type of malicious activities in the back end. Hence, you should pay close attention while you are using your computer for any purposes to avoid intrusion of the trojan.
Trojan.Redleavy – Why is it so noxious?
As soon as, Trojan.Redleavy horse becomes active on your computer system, first of all, it quickly connect your system to remote desktop protocol and allows the cyber crooks to access your all personal data and system settings of your computer without your knowledge. Moreover, it also installs keylogger programs onto your PC to record every keystroke you enter during online session. It includes login credentials, bank account details, browsing history and so on. Additionally, it disables security software and introduce dozens of other threats onto your computer.
Therefore, you should always keep your security software up-to-date and activated to keep your PC trojan free. Now, it essential to initiate Trojan.Redleavy removal instruction to clean up your PC:
A. Trojan.Redleavy Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Trojan.Redleavy related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Trojan.Redleavy Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Trojan.Redleavy Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Trojan.Redleavy related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Trojan.Redleavy, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Trojan.Redleavy Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Trojan.Redleavy related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Trojan.Redleavy or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Trojan.Redleavy or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Trojan.Redleavy program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Trojan.Redleavy toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Trojan.Redleavy extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Trojan.Redleavy
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Trojan.Redleavy set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Trojan.Redleavy to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Trojan.Redleavy add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Trojan.Redleavy Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Trojan.Redleavy. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Trojan.Redleavy Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Trojan.Redleavy or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Trojan.Redleavy completely.
User Guide : Automatic Trojan.Redleavy Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Trojan.Redleavy and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Trojan.Redleavy and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Trojan.Redleavy
Step 5 Trojan.Redleavy Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.