Shadowsocks Miner Trojan : Latest research report
Shadowsocks Miner Trojan is a severe detection name given to a malware program that is used to mining digital currency by using your CPU processing power. It is identical to Monero, Dashcoin, DarkNetCoin, and others. It is also a CPU reliant miner seems similar to Gplyra Miner and Monoko CPU Miner that is noticed in early 2017. This Shadowsocks Miner Trojan is discovered on 10th October 2017. System security researchers alert that the miner mat be delivered to your system via free software bundles and various others hacking techniques. It is found in a recent research that this coin miner program use 70% of the victims available PC resources to carry out their vicious deeds. Several symptoms that might indicates the PC users about the infection attack which is given below as
- System videos may loading slower and stutter.
- Your system games may not running smoothly.
- Your Window may take more time in resizing.
- Several program takes more time than usual to open.
- System work very slow.
You may shocked to know that the Shadowsocks Miner Trojan seems to be using a modified copy of the Shadowsocks open source proxy service to use its network connections. So the makers of this program hides the source of the commands to this Trojan. System experts reported that this coin miner program might be entitled as "Websock.exe" in the TaskManager and feature the description as "CPU utility". Both malicious processes connected as a communication module and the engine that carry out the mining of digital currencies. As you may know that the rise of Bitcoin and other similar digital currencies as well as expanding to support more and more towards digital payment thats why the malware developers wants to take it as an advantage and make illegal profit from it.
It may comes inside of the system via expired exploit kits, fake updates, spam emails and so on. So the best option is to remove Shadowsocks Miner Trojan from your system by utilizing a reputed anti-malware.
A. Shadowsocks Miner Trojan Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Shadowsocks Miner Trojan related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Shadowsocks Miner Trojan Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Shadowsocks Miner Trojan Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Shadowsocks Miner Trojan related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Shadowsocks Miner Trojan, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Shadowsocks Miner Trojan Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Shadowsocks Miner Trojan related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Shadowsocks Miner Trojan or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Shadowsocks Miner Trojan or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Shadowsocks Miner Trojan program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Shadowsocks Miner Trojan toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Shadowsocks Miner Trojan extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Shadowsocks Miner Trojan
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Shadowsocks Miner Trojan set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Shadowsocks Miner Trojan to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Shadowsocks Miner Trojan add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Shadowsocks Miner Trojan Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Shadowsocks Miner Trojan. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Shadowsocks Miner Trojan Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Shadowsocks Miner Trojan or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Shadowsocks Miner Trojan completely.
User Guide : Automatic Shadowsocks Miner Trojan Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Shadowsocks Miner Trojan and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Shadowsocks Miner Trojan and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Shadowsocks Miner Trojan
Step 5 Shadowsocks Miner Trojan Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.