Recently, most of the Computer users are reported in the well reputed forum that their PC has been compromised with searchawesome.net. It degrades their working speed and annoyed them by displaying irritating ads. If you are also one of the infected user then no need to be take tension because you can easily delete it from your infected machine. Go through with this post completely.
What do you know about searchawesome.net?
Judged on the behavior and appearances of searchawesome.net, malware researchers are listed it under the browser hijacker category. At the first glance, it seems as a legitimate domain that claims innocent user to enhance their online surfing experience and provide relevant search results in just short period of time. But when you search any queries from this domain you will notice that it is just a fake domain that deliver you irrelevant and unwanted search results. It mainly hijacks user's all well reputed browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari, Microsoft Edge and much more. The primary objective of it's creator is to earn online revenues from it's victims.
How hackers earn revenues from searchawesome.net?
To earn online money from victims, it bombards user screen with the endless pop-up ads and links in numerous forms including banners, pop-under, discounts, pop-ups, promo codes, discounts, deals, video ads, in-text ads etc that are based on the PPC platform. A simple click on those ads will lead victim to third-party domain where sponsored products and services are advertised and force victim to purchase products. That's why, it is strictly warned by expert that user should avoid to click on any malicious ads or links.
Where does searchawesome.net comes from?
searchawesome.net is regarding as another phishing or unsafe domain that gets activated inside the PC secretly using numerous tricky and deceptive methods. There are numerous carriers through which it can attacks your PC. Possibly, it can compromised your machine when you download and install any cost free application, share document over P2P network, visit any hacked site, use any infected external device, open any spam emails, update software etc. Apart from these, it's creator uses another tricky propagation channels to attack PC via Internet.
What are the negative traits of searchawesome.net
- Filled up your screen with numerous ad-supported sites or annoying ads.
- Highly consumes resources and degrades performance speed.
- Alters entire browser and crucial settings.
- Opens System backdoor and allow remote attackers to access PC remotely.
- Replacing default homepage with searchawesome.net and redirect user to the other questionable domain.
A. searchawesome.net Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view searchawesome.net related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete searchawesome.net Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove searchawesome.net Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for searchawesome.net related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than searchawesome.net, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. searchawesome.net Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall searchawesome.net related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find searchawesome.net or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall searchawesome.net or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search searchawesome.net program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall searchawesome.net toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove searchawesome.net extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove searchawesome.net
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove searchawesome.net set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of searchawesome.net to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove searchawesome.net add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove searchawesome.net Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from searchawesome.net. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. searchawesome.net Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect searchawesome.net or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete searchawesome.net completely.
User Guide : Automatic searchawesome.net Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of searchawesome.net and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of searchawesome.net and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with searchawesome.net
Step 5 searchawesome.net Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.