Since the time I have downloaded a freeware on my system, PubHotSpot has been installed additionally. There is hardly I can do as I have tried to fix this issue but failed to do so. Please anyone kindly help me out to remove it completely from my system.
Report based on the research on PubHotSpot culprit
The PubHotSpot is a suspicious system program. It has been designed by the virus makers to earn quick profits by displaying advertisements, offers, discount deals, banners and other similar contents on every webpages you visit on your browser. This problem occurs due to hijacking of your browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer. Edge etc. It normally delivered to your PC through bundles of free software packages, corrupt programs or being attached with fake updates. Due to the presence of PubHotSpot on the system browsers settings been replaced without taking your permission. Then after it also redirects you on severe malware hacked sites to infect you with some more other threat infections. It also slows down your system response by using available resources at very high level. So you should use some tactics to eliminate it from your PC.
Analysis on PubHotSpot
|Symptoms||Showing ads and redirections etc.|
|Delivery methods||Installation of freeware, visit of suspicious sites etc.|
PubHotSpot causes troubles after successful penetration
- PubHotSpot brings some more PC threats such as spyware, adware, malware.
- PubHotSpot silently permits the hackers remote access to your system without your knowledge.
- It cause system errors and registry issues.
- PubHotSpot makes itself as Windows startup service and runs dangerous task without users permission.
- It uses maximum of your available resources like CPU and RAM which makes slow system respond and performance.
- It gathers your personal and private information and send to their authors.
- After intrusion of this adware system shows some weired errors and behavior.
If you got infected by PubHotSpot then it might be possible that some other threats also might attack on your system. Therefore, if you do not want to feel this then remove PubHotSpot as soon as possible.
A. PubHotSpot Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view PubHotSpot related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete PubHotSpot Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove PubHotSpot Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for PubHotSpot related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than PubHotSpot, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. PubHotSpot Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall PubHotSpot related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find PubHotSpot or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall PubHotSpot or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search PubHotSpot program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall PubHotSpot toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove PubHotSpot extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove PubHotSpot
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove PubHotSpot set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of PubHotSpot to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove PubHotSpot add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove PubHotSpot Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from PubHotSpot. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. PubHotSpot Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect PubHotSpot or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete PubHotSpot completely.
User Guide : Automatic PubHotSpot Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of PubHotSpot and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of PubHotSpot and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with PubHotSpot
Step 5 PubHotSpot Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.