.osiris Extension Virus – What is it ?
Being a recently launched version of Locky ransomware, .osiris Extension Virus has been actually named after the extension it appends to the files meanwhile processing the encryption operation. This infection is reported highly compatible with all the latest versions of Windows OS. The outbreaks of this hazardous ransomware virus was first time observed on December 5, 2016. Researchers report this newly updated version highly enhanced than that of it's predecessors as it is including capability of surpassing detection of number of antimalware programs.
Alike several other traditional ransomware infections, .osiris Extension Virus infiltrates secretly sets up itself on the victim's PC via making usage of the Trojan horse technique. It once loaded, implements a series of hazardous practices in the PC. This threat first of all snoops the entire system deeply in search of the list of target file types. Following that after getting such files encrypts them by utilizing the RSA-1048 and AES-128 encryption ciphers. As mentioned above, while processing the encrpytion operation, it appends .osiris file extension to the files. So, due to this the infection loses the original file name as the infection replaces it with a set of symbols [8 symbols]–[4 symbols]–[4 symbols]–[8 random symbols]–[12 random symbols]. Here the first 16 symbols represents the victim's ID.
.osiris Extension Virus now after the successful accomplishment of the encryption operation, generates a ransom note namely OSIRIS-9b28.html to each and every folder including the desktop. The generated note in order to provide the victims with detailed information about what has actually happened to their private data includes a Wikipedia lnks to article about RSA-2048 and AES-128 encryption ciphers. Additionally the note also states that decryption is only possible with a special decryption key which the victims needs to purchase via installing Tor browser and paying visit to a unique payment website for decrypting their files. Malware analysts strongly suggests not to make any sort of payment as a matter of fact it is just a scam designed by cyber crooks to make more more and more illicit profit from novice PC users.
How .osiris Extension Virus Invade Inside PC ?
Generally .osiris Extension Virus enters together with the attachment of malicious emails. Aside from this, sometimes perforates at the time when users downloads and installs freeware programs from anonymous domain, share files in networking environment, use infectious external USB drives to transfer data.
Harmful Properties Of .osiris Extension Virus
- .osiris Extension Virus alters the system's preset settings without the user's assent.
- It brings alteration in the system's registry entries to gain activation every time whenever the systems get rebooted.
- Steals the user's private stuff and transfer it to the cyber criminals for unethical purpose.
- Disables the installed antimalware programs and installs several additional malware infections in the system.
So, to prevent the system's crucial files from being encrypted in such unauthentic manner as well as to perform normal operation, it is very important to uninstall .osiris Extension Virus quickly from the system.
How to Remove .osiris Extension Virus Completely
.osiris Extension Virus is one of the most dangerous and notorious trojan threat which is quite very troublemaker and contribute lots of problems for the innocent PC users. This threat is now disbursed all across and has targeted many of the windows computer to put its harmful effects. Although, .osiris Extension Virus might not seen to be very dangerous and so mostly people avoid its presence. Nevertheless, it is a very dreadful trojan infection that sneaks into computer very silently and quickly manages to hide its identity without letting anyone know about its presence. .osiris Extension Virus execute command prompt to continue its evil tasks and copies file name to prevents itself from being detected. Now, there must be in your mind how such type of malware slips into PC.
Below is the list of negative impact of .osiris Extension Virus is given that would let you know how dangerous and infectious .osiris Extension Virus is.
.osiris Extension Virus often copies genuine file and prevent itself from being detected.
It changes file name stored in the PC with malicious extensions.
You might notice certain changes into the system default settings.
It is a troublemaker threat which creates problems when you reboot your computer.
Its worst impact might leads to unusual shut down of Computer
It is responsible for slower system performance speed.
.osiris Extension Virus brings your privacy at high risk and allows web hackers to use you personal details for illegal purpose which might lead you to become identity theft victim.
A. .osiris Extension Virus Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view .osiris Extension Virus related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete .osiris Extension Virus Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove .osiris Extension Virus Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for .osiris Extension Virus related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than .osiris Extension Virus, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. .osiris Extension Virus Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall .osiris Extension Virus related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find .osiris Extension Virus or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall .osiris Extension Virus or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search .osiris Extension Virus program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall .osiris Extension Virus toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove .osiris Extension Virus extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove .osiris Extension Virus
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove .osiris Extension Virus set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of .osiris Extension Virus to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove .osiris Extension Virus add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove .osiris Extension Virus Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from .osiris Extension Virus. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. .osiris Extension Virus Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect .osiris Extension Virus or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete .osiris Extension Virus completely.
User Guide : Automatic .osiris Extension Virus Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of .osiris Extension Virus and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of .osiris Extension Virus and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with .osiris Extension Virus
Step 5 .osiris Extension Virus Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.