Have you noticed a new OnlineMapSearch Toolbar added to your browser? Is this toolbar installed on your browser without your permission? Does it create redirection on some various unknown sites? Are you finding unwanted ads or pop-ups due to the presence of the toolbar? If all your answers in affirmative then you might got infected with an potentially unwanted program and if you are looking for a removal guide then follow the below given post carefully and perform the removal operation to clean your PC from unwanted system programs.
Brief description about OnlineMapSearch Toolbar
OnlineMapSearch Toolbar is detected as a potentially suspicious toolbar. Its appearance on your browsers making a strong chances to the other virus attacks, malware or other spyware on your system. It is a nasty toolbar that can make some important changes into your browsers settings. It has been promoted with some of the useful features that attracts the users to download it on their PC. It has been categorized as an adware program due to its property of showing enormous adverts, banners, pop-ups on the installed browsers. Appearance of huge number of advertisements on the browsers disturbs you all the time you opened it to surf the web. When you try to search a online query then you may got redirected your search results on some malware sites that can harm your machine or permanently damage. It can make your system so slow by using its resources into some unknown works.
Analysis on OnlineMapSearch Toolbar
- Name – OnlineMapSearch Toolbar
- Developer – MindSpark Interactive Network
- Type – PUP
- Risk – Medium
- Delivery – Bundles of free software, malicious ads etc.
Common infiltration techniques used by OnlineMapSearch Toolbar
Suspicious tools like OnlineMapSearch Toolbar may attached to your browsers using some stealth installation methods. One of the commonly used trick is to hidden into the installers of free programs of third party developers that make compromised with the makers of this toolbar to attach as an additional program to the source one. It comes on the users system to use "Express or Default" screens to install new programs, which do not show the installation list and the extra program installed on your system without your knowledge. That's why the experts always suggested to use "Custom" installation screens that enables the users to see and terminate if any additional software is added into the installation. Some other means are through spam emails, visit of suspicious websites, malicious codes, corrupt programs, infected links, misleading ads and so on.
Troublesome problems associated with OnlineMapSearch Toolbar
- It can added with your browsers as a BHO without your consent.
- It rerouted the system users on some shady sites rather than the desired one.
- It reduces the PC performance and browser speed too.
- It highly uses the available PC resources.
- OnlineMapSearch Toolbar store your online data and information.
- It inject adverts into your browsers.
A. OnlineMapSearch Toolbar Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view OnlineMapSearch Toolbar related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete OnlineMapSearch Toolbar Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove OnlineMapSearch Toolbar Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for OnlineMapSearch Toolbar related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than OnlineMapSearch Toolbar, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. OnlineMapSearch Toolbar Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall OnlineMapSearch Toolbar related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find OnlineMapSearch Toolbar or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall OnlineMapSearch Toolbar or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search OnlineMapSearch Toolbar program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall OnlineMapSearch Toolbar toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove OnlineMapSearch Toolbar extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove OnlineMapSearch Toolbar
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove OnlineMapSearch Toolbar set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of OnlineMapSearch Toolbar to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove OnlineMapSearch Toolbar add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
Step By Step Guide To Uninstall OnlineMapSearch Toolbar from Chrome
How to Remove OnlineMapSearch Toolbar Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from OnlineMapSearch Toolbar. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. OnlineMapSearch Toolbar Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect OnlineMapSearch Toolbar or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete OnlineMapSearch Toolbar completely.
User Guide : Automatic OnlineMapSearch Toolbar Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of OnlineMapSearch Toolbar and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of OnlineMapSearch Toolbar and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with OnlineMapSearch Toolbar
Step 5 OnlineMapSearch Toolbar Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.