Ransomer.CEL – Investigation Report
Ransomer.CEL was first ever spotted in the beginning of 2012, afterwards its improved variant was released in 2014 and finally extremely effective version of the trojan has recently been reported by AV vendors. It is equipped with advanced cryptography mechanism which allows Ransomer.CEL to index all available targeted files on the system and encrypt them all very silently. The main purpose of cyberpunks behind releasing the trojan is to boot up Bitcoin base wallet balance easily. Victims are forced to make ransom payment if they want to get back their important files. Ransomer.CEL trojan horse creates junk files and alters registry entries into your Windows , and changes start-up items so that it can be activated automatically when users boot up their computers. The trojan also corrupts your system files and program files. As a result your computer may restart randomly at fixed time interval. Besides, blue screen of death error occurs unexpectedly. Programs are not responding very often as well.
Ransomer.CEL opens loophole on your computer and provides remote access to your system to remote hackers. What's worse, it is programmed to connect your machine to remote servers which are operated by cyber criminals and con artists. Though, credential data saved on your computer such as databases, documents, photos, email passwords or financial accounts may be exposed to cyberpunks.
Infiltration tactics of Ransomer.CEL
Research report made public by security investigators reveals that Ransomer.CEL is distributed using expensive method – through Rig E exploit kit. The exploit kit allows developers to embed executable code of Ransomer.CEL inside itself and send it to the targeted Windows users as an attachment via email service. Exploit kit containing trojan may also be delivered to your system through peer to peer file sharing platform such as Torrents websites. Moreover, fabricated updates like 'Windows critical update', 'flash player plug in update' or 'browser updates' also carry executable file of Ransomer.CEL.
Therefore, to prevent such cryptography infection, we recommend you to keep a reliable Security software installed and up-to-date on your system. It will protect your computer against old and latest threats as well. However, removal of Ransomer.CEL is extremely essential. Follow the Ransomer.CEL removal instruction:
How to Remove Ransomer.CEL Completely
Ransomer.CEL is one of the most dangerous and notorious trojan threat which is quite very troublemaker and contribute lots of problems for the innocent PC users. This threat is now disbursed all across and has targeted many of the windows computer to put its harmful effects. Although, Ransomer.CEL might not seen to be very dangerous and so mostly people avoid its presence. Nevertheless, it is a very dreadful trojan infection that sneaks into computer very silently and quickly manages to hide its identity without letting anyone know about its presence. Ransomer.CEL execute command prompt to continue its evil tasks and copies file name to prevents itself from being detected. Now, there must be in your mind how such type of malware slips into PC.
Below is the list of negative impact of Ransomer.CEL is given that would let you know how dangerous and infectious Ransomer.CEL is.
Ransomer.CEL often copies genuine file and prevent itself from being detected.
It changes file name stored in the PC with malicious extensions.
You might notice certain changes into the system default settings.
It is a troublemaker threat which creates problems when you reboot your computer.
Its worst impact might leads to unusual shut down of Computer
It is responsible for slower system performance speed.
Ransomer.CEL brings your privacy at high risk and allows web hackers to use you personal details for illegal purpose which might lead you to become identity theft victim.
A. Ransomer.CEL Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Ransomer.CEL related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Ransomer.CEL Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Ransomer.CEL Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Ransomer.CEL related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Ransomer.CEL, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Ransomer.CEL Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Ransomer.CEL related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Ransomer.CEL or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Ransomer.CEL or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Ransomer.CEL program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Ransomer.CEL toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Ransomer.CEL extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Ransomer.CEL
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Ransomer.CEL set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Ransomer.CEL to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Ransomer.CEL add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Ransomer.CEL Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Ransomer.CEL. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Ransomer.CEL Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Ransomer.CEL or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Ransomer.CEL completely.
User Guide : Automatic Ransomer.CEL Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Ransomer.CEL and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Ransomer.CEL and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Ransomer.CEL
Step 5 Ransomer.CEL Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.