Thinkextension.com is a form of adware infection which trying to lure the system users by claiming that itself as a useful browser extension which help them to search or watch new movie trailers online.
Thinkextension.com : Specific details
- Name – Thinkextension.com
- Type – Adware
- Risk – High
- Created – 17/06/2017
- Expires – 17/06/2018
- Updated – 17/06/2017
- IP address – 115.124.124..15
- Symptoms – Showing huge amount of ads, banners, commercials etc.
- Delivery – Downloads of free programs, dubious links, corrupt programs etc.
- Affected OS – Windows
Genuine description on Thinkextension.com
Thinkextension.com is web domain which help the advertisers to display various advertisements, banners, commercials on Internet using this webpage. Due to this it is considered as an adware infection program which lure the online users to make a click on these adverts to make online profit by turning clicks into revenue. It is a dubious browser extension program which claims the users to provide latest movie trailers and due to this useful feature the users download or install on their systems but later on they noted its consequences. In reality it is a deceitful program which automatically downloaded on your system and added within your Chrome browser. After this it does too many unwanted things on your system like making changes into your existing settings of browsers and alters their homepage or search engine without taking your consent.
Mostly these kinds of adware like Thinkextension.com comes inside of your system along with the bundles of freeware or shareware which has been freely promoted by the third party developers. Because these programs do not reveal their installations list and download or install an additional program on the users system along with the source program. The additional may be the infection which get into your system as a PC by following hidden installations technique. Due to these things security experts highly suggested to use "Custom or Advanced" screen for new program installations. Some other ways are like infected attachments, malicious scripts, infectious codes and so on.
Consequences associated with Thinkextension.com
- It delivers huge amount of advertisements, banners, pop-ups on every webpages you opened on your browsers.
- Thinkextension.com can reduce your system performance by using their resources into various kinds of unwanted system process which is running in the system background.
- It alters homepage and search engine without taking your prior permission.
- This adware conceal your valuable and sensitive credential and send to their makers to make uses into illegal process to make money.
So you should use a strong security tool to remove Thinkextension.com from your system to freely do your wok on the device.
A. Thinkextension.com Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Thinkextension.com related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Thinkextension.com Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Thinkextension.com Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Thinkextension.com related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Thinkextension.com, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Thinkextension.com Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Thinkextension.com related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Thinkextension.com or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Thinkextension.com or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Thinkextension.com program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Thinkextension.com toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Thinkextension.com extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Thinkextension.com
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Thinkextension.com set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Thinkextension.com to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Thinkextension.com add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
Uninstall Thinkextension.com Successfully
|French||Retrait Thinkextension.com En quelques instants|
|German||Schritt für Schritt Anleitung zu Beseitigen abschütteln Thinkextension.com|
|Polish||Usuwanie Thinkextension.com Z powodzeniem|
|Portuguese||Guiado para Livrar-se de Thinkextension.com|
|Italian||Eliminazione Thinkextension.com In pochi passi|
|Spanish||Cómo Retirar Thinkextension.com|
|Japanese||ステップ 削除する Thinkextension.com|
|Dutch||Eenvoudige stappen om Desinstallatie Thinkextension.com van Safari|
|Danish||Slet Thinkextension.com fra Internet Explorer : Smide ud Thinkextension.com|
How to Remove Thinkextension.com Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Thinkextension.com. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Thinkextension.com Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Thinkextension.com or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Thinkextension.com completely.
User Guide : Automatic Thinkextension.com Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Thinkextension.com and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Thinkextension.com and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Thinkextension.com
Step 5 Thinkextension.com Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.