Concept of Developers Behind Creating QuestDNS.com
QuestDNS.com works as a fake search engine which is especially created to divert a huge Internet traffic to sponsored sites and boost up bank balance of developers. At first look, its main webpage looks very legitimate and helpful. But the truth is, it belongs to cyber extortionists whose profession is to earn money through illegal activities. Redirecting your web browser to unsafe domain is also a cyber crime but they don't care because none can find their footprint to prove their involvement in malvertising. Though, all you can do is to protect your computer against QuestDNS.com attacks all by yourself. You need to scan your computer with your security software regularly. Even, you have to keep your Windows up-to-date always.
Next, you should know that QuestDNS.com deceptive search engine replaces default search page with QuestDNS.com and blocks your from reseting your web browser. What's worse, while you visit any website, you see unwanted ads being injected automatically and when you close one, more ads appear on your affected browser. Browser could be Google Chrome, Safari, FF, IE, Opera and others. There only one way to get out of this mess, you have to uninstall QuestDNS.com from your system soon enough.
How does QuestDNS.com invade your Windows?
Primarily, when you download and install from redirected links or some untrustworthy sites, QuestDNS.com (as an option search tool) gets installed onto your Windows computer. Freeware developers use dark patterns to build installers or setups of essential free programs like Media players, PDF converter, Movie Maker, Adobe Flash Player in order to deliver QuestDNS.com virus and generate some commission. Though, you have to overview End User License Agreement and go through Advanced installation to block optional installation of unwanted applications.
Finally, you got all essential information. So, you can proceed to uninstall QuestDNS.com from your Windows PC.
A. QuestDNS.com Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view QuestDNS.com related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete QuestDNS.com Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove QuestDNS.com Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for QuestDNS.com related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than QuestDNS.com, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. QuestDNS.com Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall QuestDNS.com related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find QuestDNS.com or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall QuestDNS.com or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search QuestDNS.com program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall QuestDNS.com toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove QuestDNS.com extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove QuestDNS.com
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove QuestDNS.com set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of QuestDNS.com to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove QuestDNS.com add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove QuestDNS.com Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from QuestDNS.com. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. QuestDNS.com Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect QuestDNS.com or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete QuestDNS.com completely.
User Guide : Automatic QuestDNS.com Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of QuestDNS.com and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of QuestDNS.com and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with QuestDNS.com
Step 5 QuestDNS.com Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.