PUP.Optional.Legacy is an adware-type application which has been spreading around since 2016. Once it gets inside the targeted computer, it claims to be capable of displaying users the best offers and deals. However, the notifications displayed by this potentially unwanted program can hardly help you to save money on your purchase because the main objective of the people responsible for this infection to gain pay-per-click revenue. Besides, some of its advertisements have been found to promote a bogus version of Flash Player and other similar malware.
You may download and install the program associated with PUP.Optional.Legacy unwillingly in a bundled with some freeware and shareware programs. Although, there are number of computer users who have been infected with such potentially unwanted applications and even other malicious programs after visiting any phishing web portals. As the security investigators at RPVT have mentioned, during the analysis our researchers have found that the threat was pushing a fake version of Flash Player. The same can be said about the ads displayed by this undesired app.
Why should you remove PUP.Optional.Legacy?
Beware that its advertisements can reroute you to a phishing website used for spreading other adware programs, browser hijackers and other annoying infections. In addition to that, PUP.Optional.Legacy can also track your online browsing activities behind your back. In majority of cases, the threat is interested in victim's email address, system's geographical location, its IP address, mostly visited domains, search terms and other similar information for illicit purposes. However, the RPVT security experts highly recommend keeping these important data private, because such details can easily be sold to the third parties that are considered malicious.
One of the most threatening fact about PUP.Optional.Legacy is that it uses random names for trying to prevent its complete removal from an infected computer. That's why, there are large number of system users who have been convinced that they see its adverts because they are injected into their favorite web portals. In most of the cases, the threat hides under the name of Network System Driver. Thus, you should look for this infection into your Task Manager if the adverts have been bothering you for a while. Please do not click on these ads and pop-ups, because they can easily lead you to shady websites, such as the one which promotes rogue apps. Therefore, the safest way for PUP.Optional.Legacy removal is by using automatic elimination option.
A. PUP.Optional.Legacy Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view PUP.Optional.Legacy related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete PUP.Optional.Legacy Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove PUP.Optional.Legacy Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for PUP.Optional.Legacy related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than PUP.Optional.Legacy, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. PUP.Optional.Legacy Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall PUP.Optional.Legacy related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find PUP.Optional.Legacy or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall PUP.Optional.Legacy or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search PUP.Optional.Legacy program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall PUP.Optional.Legacy toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove PUP.Optional.Legacy extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove PUP.Optional.Legacy
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove PUP.Optional.Legacy set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of PUP.Optional.Legacy to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove PUP.Optional.Legacy add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
PUP.Optional.Legacy Uninstallation: Best Way To Remove PUP.Optional.Legacy Manually
|French||Effective Way To Supprimer PUP.Optional.Legacy|
|German||Löschen PUP.Optional.Legacy In einfachen Schritten|
|Polish||Pozbyć się PUP.Optional.Legacy z Internet Explorer|
|Portuguese||Excluir PUP.Optional.Legacy Completamente|
|Italian||Come Liberarsi di PUP.Optional.Legacy|
|Spanish||PUP.Optional.Legacy Eliminación: Cómo Retirar PUP.Optional.Legacy En solo unos pocos pasos|
|Japanese||取り除く PUP.Optional.Legacy 手動で|
|Dutch||Van Afkomen PUP.Optional.Legacy Handmatig|
|Danish||trin til Slet PUP.Optional.Legacy|
How to Remove PUP.Optional.Legacy Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from PUP.Optional.Legacy. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. PUP.Optional.Legacy Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect PUP.Optional.Legacy or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete PUP.Optional.Legacy completely.
User Guide : Automatic PUP.Optional.Legacy Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of PUP.Optional.Legacy and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of PUP.Optional.Legacy and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with PUP.Optional.Legacy
Step 5 PUP.Optional.Legacy Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.