Hello friends, somehow MyMedia Search Plus gets installed into my PC and it changes my default search engine. I have tried several method to restore my browser settings and uninstall it from my PC but unable to do. Is there any solution to remove MyMedia Search Plus? Please help me anyone by providing an effective removal solution.
Do you know actually what is MyMedia Search Plus?
MyMedia Search Plus is actually a Chrome extension that falls under the category of Potentially Unwanted Program. At the first sight, this program pretends to be very useful that allows user to search any thing and download the videos from the site. But actually, it is completely unsafe program created by team of cyber hackers to boost web traffic and earn online revenues. It mainly attacks on the entire browser including Google Chrome, IE, FF, Microsoft Edge, Opera even safari as a form of plug-ins, add-ons, browser extension and other suspicious codes. This program has ability to modifies the search provider to apps.searchalgo.com which can be seen as follows :
How MyMedia Search Plus gets intrudes inside your PC?
Being a nasty Potentially Unwanted Program, MyMedia Search Plus usually lurks inside the System through bundling method. Most of the cost free applications adequately do not disclose about the installation of other software. Thus, you need to be very attentive while downloading anything over the Internet. You must accept software license, read terms & conditions, select Custom/Advanced installation mode instead of Standard/Typical ones and much more. The distribution channels of this program may varies but main source of infiltration is the Internet. Thus, you need to be very attentive while surfing the Internet.
What are the risk associated with MyMedia Search Plus?
- Once getting inside your PC, MyMedia Search Plus will cause lots of serious problems to you. Some of them are listed below:
- Filled up your entire screen with annoying pop-up ads and links.
- Modifies your browser settings such as new tab page, search provider, DNS, homepage etc.
- Stops the functionality of security software and tools.
- MyMedia Search Plus can slows down overall performance speed.
- Exploit System vulnerabilities by creating a loophole.
A. MyMedia Search Plus Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view MyMedia Search Plus related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete MyMedia Search Plus Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove MyMedia Search Plus Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for MyMedia Search Plus related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than MyMedia Search Plus, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. MyMedia Search Plus Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall MyMedia Search Plus related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find MyMedia Search Plus or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall MyMedia Search Plus or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search MyMedia Search Plus program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall MyMedia Search Plus toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove MyMedia Search Plus extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove MyMedia Search Plus
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove MyMedia Search Plus set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of MyMedia Search Plus to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove MyMedia Search Plus add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
Get Rid Of MyMedia Search Plus from Firefox : Clear Away MyMedia Search Plus
How to Remove MyMedia Search Plus Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from MyMedia Search Plus. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. MyMedia Search Plus Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect MyMedia Search Plus or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete MyMedia Search Plus completely.
User Guide : Automatic MyMedia Search Plus Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of MyMedia Search Plus and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of MyMedia Search Plus and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with MyMedia Search Plus
Step 5 MyMedia Search Plus Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.