MapsGalaxy : Know More Things About PUP
PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program)
Showing too much ads or pop-ups, redirections, fake links, slow PC etc.
Bundles of freeware or shareware, corrupt links, intrusive advertisements etc.
Free Tool to detect MapsGalaxy
You Should Know The Real Facts About The MapsGalaxy
MapsGalaxy is accounted as a suspicious software that is flagged as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program). It is developed by MindSpark Interactive Network Inc. It silently installed on your system without your knowledge. After successful installation on system it start disturbing all the time whenever you launch your web browser to surf web or work online. It is an annoying system threat that attacked on your browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, Opera, or similar others to do unwanted things online. It make changes into your default settings of browsers to replaces your home page and search engine page with unreliable pages. Then after whenever you try to visit a site or try to find out a search results online then it redirected your results to unreliable sites and download more infectious malware on system to damage it deeply.
MapsGalaxy also gives you irrelevant search results that completely ruin your search experience. The PUP is able to store all your sensitive and personal credentials to violate your privacy online to make you online scam victim. So you should try to eliminate the PUP from computer as soon as possible. Most of the time the MapsGalaxy might installed on your system along with the installers of free download managers or suspicious free download packages of third party programs that do not discloses their installation list of additional software that installed along with the source one. The additional might be the infection. That's why you are always suggested to use "Custom or Advanced" screen to install new program on system because it enables you to see the extra program and you can terminate it from installation list to save your computer from malware execution.
So you should use a reliable anti-malware to uninstall MapsGalaxy from infected system as soon as possible.
A. MapsGalaxy Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view MapsGalaxy related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete MapsGalaxy Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove MapsGalaxy Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for MapsGalaxy related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than MapsGalaxy, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. MapsGalaxy Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall MapsGalaxy related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find MapsGalaxy or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall MapsGalaxy or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search MapsGalaxy program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall MapsGalaxy toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove MapsGalaxy extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove MapsGalaxy
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove MapsGalaxy set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of MapsGalaxy to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove MapsGalaxy add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
MapsGalaxy Removal: Simple Steps To Remove MapsGalaxy Completely
|French||Guide À Supprimer MapsGalaxy de Chrome|
|German||Löschen MapsGalaxy von Chrome : Auslöschen MapsGalaxy|
|Polish||MapsGalaxy Usuwanie: Wiedzieć jak Kasować MapsGalaxy Natychmiast|
|Portuguese||Como Desinstalar MapsGalaxy|
|Italian||Elimina MapsGalaxy da Safari|
|Spanish||Guía completa de Borrar MapsGalaxy de Opera|
|Japanese||アンインストール MapsGalaxy から Internet Explorer|
|Dutch||Verwijder MapsGalaxy Handmatig|
|Danish||Bedste måde at Fjerne MapsGalaxy|
How to Remove MapsGalaxy Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from MapsGalaxy. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. MapsGalaxy Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect MapsGalaxy or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete MapsGalaxy completely.
User Guide : Automatic MapsGalaxy Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of MapsGalaxy and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of MapsGalaxy and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with MapsGalaxy
Step 5 MapsGalaxy Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.