SurveyLocker Ransomware – What is it ?
SurveyLocker Ransomware is recognized as a precarious malware infection for the system that is crafted by online scammers for the primary objective of restricting the PC users' access to the desktop as long as they are logged in the Windows. This infection is compatible with all the latest versions of Windows OS. It on gaining successful invasion in the PC do not implements the encryption operation on the system's files as such as several other ransomware infections. Instead it deactivates the keyboard shortcuts, Command Prompt, Task Manager and the Registry Editor with the sole motto of keeping engage the users in tasks or it often demand payment also.
The developer of SurveyLocker Ransomware kindly suggests the users to accomplish a survey in order to unlock the desktop or to pay a technician in order to resolve the issue. Moreover the crooks in order to entice victims states that completing a survey will only take max 2 minutes while on the other hand consulting the computer assistance may take a while. So, basically it has been designed to load a dialog box on the desktop offering the below mentioned message :
The dialog box generated by SurveyLocker Ransomware includes three buttons namely 'Open Survey', 'Unlock PC' and 'btnBrowser.' The first button releases a pop-up loaded in the victims default browser containing a survey. Analysts suspect that the polls are loaded on the account of the developer of the aforementioned infection. The content of the survey i.e., the questionnaires part is expected to be based on the user's recent online practice because of the execution of the Google Adwords. The second button (i.e., Unlock PC) is made available after the completion of one or two surveys. According to researchers this button is equipped to eliminate the ransomware mentioned before from the PC for unlocking the desktop.
Now though all the claims done by SurveyLocker Ransomware appears trustworthy but yet it is suggested not to t trust them and not to make the payment since as a matter of fact it is just a scam designed to generate illicit revenue from novice PC users.
Distribution Of SurveyLocker Ransomware
Most usually SurveyLocker Ransomware spreads because of tapping corrupted ads on an online store and opening a spam email attachments. Besides from this, it often sneaks along with the installation of freeware programs.
Malicious Symptoms Of SurveyLocker Ransomware
- SurveyLocker Ransomware installs silently in the PC without taking the user's permission.
- It modifies the system's default settings in a manner that reversion of the occurred changes becomes almost impossible for the users.
- Alters the system's registry settings to get reactivated every time whenever the Windows get rebooted.
- Steals the user's private information and reveal it to the online hackers for commercial purpose.
- Deactivates the existing antivirus programs and installs several additional malware infections in the system.
So, in order to prevent such sort of file encryption from being occurred in the system, it is necessary to eliminate SurveyLocker Ransomware immediately from the system just after it's detection.
How to Remove SurveyLocker Ransomware Completely
SurveyLocker Ransomware is one of the most dangerous and notorious trojan threat which is quite very troublemaker and contribute lots of problems for the innocent PC users. This threat is now disbursed all across and has targeted many of the windows computer to put its harmful effects. Although, SurveyLocker Ransomware might not seen to be very dangerous and so mostly people avoid its presence. Nevertheless, it is a very dreadful trojan infection that sneaks into computer very silently and quickly manages to hide its identity without letting anyone know about its presence. SurveyLocker Ransomware execute command prompt to continue its evil tasks and copies file name to prevents itself from being detected. Now, there must be in your mind how such type of malware slips into PC.
Below is the list of negative impact of SurveyLocker Ransomware is given that would let you know how dangerous and infectious SurveyLocker Ransomware is.
SurveyLocker Ransomware often copies genuine file and prevent itself from being detected.
It changes file name stored in the PC with malicious extensions.
You might notice certain changes into the system default settings.
It is a troublemaker threat which creates problems when you reboot your computer.
Its worst impact might leads to unusual shut down of Computer
It is responsible for slower system performance speed.
SurveyLocker Ransomware brings your privacy at high risk and allows web hackers to use you personal details for illegal purpose which might lead you to become identity theft victim.
A. SurveyLocker Ransomware Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view SurveyLocker Ransomware related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete SurveyLocker Ransomware Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove SurveyLocker Ransomware Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for SurveyLocker Ransomware related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than SurveyLocker Ransomware, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. SurveyLocker Ransomware Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall SurveyLocker Ransomware related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find SurveyLocker Ransomware or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall SurveyLocker Ransomware or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search SurveyLocker Ransomware program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall SurveyLocker Ransomware toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove SurveyLocker Ransomware extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove SurveyLocker Ransomware
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove SurveyLocker Ransomware set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of SurveyLocker Ransomware to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove SurveyLocker Ransomware add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove SurveyLocker Ransomware Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from SurveyLocker Ransomware. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. SurveyLocker Ransomware Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect SurveyLocker Ransomware or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete SurveyLocker Ransomware completely.
User Guide : Automatic SurveyLocker Ransomware Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of SurveyLocker Ransomware and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of SurveyLocker Ransomware and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with SurveyLocker Ransomware
Step 5 SurveyLocker Ransomware Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.