Last night, while using Facebook I have seen lots of malware spreading through my friend list. After publishing a brief note about how to stay safe, I decided to cover this topic again. This topic takes on may forums but ultimately, there is no any solution to get rid of it. If you have any idea or solution about the removal of Facebook video virus then please suggest me as soon as possible.
What is Facebook video virus?
Facebook video virus is a new malware which is able to affect your all social network. This type of malware has been used by the Internet community since 2014 Recently, most of the System user has affected by this malware who complain that they unable to stop such a malware which monitors their profile of Facebook and constantly shares the automatic wall posts including malicious links. Some researchers discovered that it automatically shut down the open browser tabs and open a new window which the user open Extensions settings. It always tries to prevent the System user from deleting the suspicious browser extension
Distribution Method Used By Facebook video virus
Facebook video virus is usually spread so quickly than other malware because these days the majority of Facebook users fails to identify the post and messages as a malicious and deceptive content. It has hidden itself under the SVG image file by using photo_[random numbers],SVG name. It adds that the most of the links look like they were sent from you by one of your friends to infect more users. Once you clicked on such a distributed fake messages or links, it gets intrudes into your PC without your awareness. It can hijack your Facebook account and starts to affect your all friends. The alternative way that used by this malware to infect its victim is hacked apps. At last, the use of a weak password is the main ways through which it affects more Computer users.
Prevention Tips To Avoid PC From The Attack of Facebook video virus
Facebook video virus is really very harmful malware which can destroy your PC badly. If you want to save your System from such a malware attack then you need to use some prevention measures which are as follows :
- Do not click on any unknown or suspicious posts and links that sent by your facebook friends.
- Avoid to download any software or applications from the questionable and file sharing sites.
- Do not read any post or click on any links that sent from the unfamiliar ones.
- Install a well-reputable anti-spyware tool and update it regularly.
- Choose always Advanced or Custom installation options in place of Default or Typical installation mode.
How to Remove Facebook video virus Completely
Facebook video virus is one of the most dangerous and notorious trojan threat which is quite very troublemaker and contribute lots of problems for the innocent PC users. This threat is now disbursed all across and has targeted many of the windows computer to put its harmful effects. Although, Facebook video virus might not seen to be very dangerous and so mostly people avoid its presence. Nevertheless, it is a very dreadful trojan infection that sneaks into computer very silently and quickly manages to hide its identity without letting anyone know about its presence. Facebook video virus execute command prompt to continue its evil tasks and copies file name to prevents itself from being detected. Now, there must be in your mind how such type of malware slips into PC.
Below is the list of negative impact of Facebook video virus is given that would let you know how dangerous and infectious Facebook video virus is.
Facebook video virus often copies genuine file and prevent itself from being detected.
It changes file name stored in the PC with malicious extensions.
You might notice certain changes into the system default settings.
It is a troublemaker threat which creates problems when you reboot your computer.
Its worst impact might leads to unusual shut down of Computer
It is responsible for slower system performance speed.
Facebook video virus brings your privacy at high risk and allows web hackers to use you personal details for illegal purpose which might lead you to become identity theft victim.
A. Facebook video virus Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Facebook video virus related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Facebook video virus Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Facebook video virus Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Facebook video virus related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Facebook video virus, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Facebook video virus Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Facebook video virus related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Facebook video virus or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Facebook video virus or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Facebook video virus program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Facebook video virus toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Facebook video virus extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Facebook video virus
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Facebook video virus set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Facebook video virus to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Facebook video virus add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Facebook video virus Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Facebook video virus. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Facebook video virus Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Facebook video virus or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Facebook video virus completely.
User Guide : Automatic Facebook video virus Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Facebook video virus and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Facebook video virus and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Facebook video virus
Step 5 Facebook video virus Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.