Details about VindowsLocker Ransomware:
This VindowsLocker Ransomware is a file encryption ransomware that's named when the '.vindows' marker wont to give notice the user of affected files. Security researchers noticed the VindowsLocker Ransomware whereas work reports of a brand new ransomware supported the Hidden Tear project. The VindowsLocker Ransomware is planned to potential victims as a software package and should be delivered via malvertising, corrupted links and spam email. Samples of the VindowsLocker Ransomware counsel that the ransomware is packed as Vindows.exe, that doesn't embody a digital certificate and triggers the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.
The VindowsLocker Ransomware uses the AES-256 cipher to inscribe knowledge containers related to pictures, audio, video, shows, eBooks, PDFs, spreadsheets and text. Initial threat analysis showed that the VindowsLocker Ransomware is programmed to seem for info hold on within the default user library, which has the subsequent directories:
Corrupted knowledge containers can't be opened, associate degreed Windows could point out an alert that the files aren't recognized and invite the user to seem for an acceptable program on-line. To boot, affected objects feature the '.vindows' suffix placed when the initial file extension. For instance, 'Brahma chicken.png' is encoded to 'Brahma chicken.png.vindows'. Security researchers reveal that the ransom note for the VindowsLocker Ransomware includes a photograph of a technical support assistant from Asian country and a message written in poor English. As you will keep in mind, most of the pretend technical support techniques square measure travel by shady corporations based mostly in Asian country. Con artists fake to be partners of Microsoft and supply facilitate to users United Nations agency square measure having issues with their browser.
The VindowsLocker Ransomware seems to reference PC support techniques, that we have got lined again and again in articles like the ‘844-568-2974’ Pop-Ups and also the '844-324-6233' technical school Support Scam. PC users mustn't decision 844-609-3192 as a result of they will be taught to put in a corrupted version of TeamViewer, that will be a Trojan dubbed by Av vendors as BackDoor.TeamViewer. You must use a known security tool to purge the VindowsLocker Ransomware and use backups to revive your arrangement.
How to Remove VindowsLocker Ransomware Completely
VindowsLocker Ransomware is one of the most dangerous and notorious trojan threat which is quite very troublemaker and contribute lots of problems for the innocent PC users. This threat is now disbursed all across and has targeted many of the windows computer to put its harmful effects. Although, VindowsLocker Ransomware might not seen to be very dangerous and so mostly people avoid its presence. Nevertheless, it is a very dreadful trojan infection that sneaks into computer very silently and quickly manages to hide its identity without letting anyone know about its presence. VindowsLocker Ransomware execute command prompt to continue its evil tasks and copies file name to prevents itself from being detected. Now, there must be in your mind how such type of malware slips into PC.
Below is the list of negative impact of VindowsLocker Ransomware is given that would let you know how dangerous and infectious VindowsLocker Ransomware is.
VindowsLocker Ransomware often copies genuine file and prevent itself from being detected.
It changes file name stored in the PC with malicious extensions.
You might notice certain changes into the system default settings.
It is a troublemaker threat which creates problems when you reboot your computer.
Its worst impact might leads to unusual shut down of Computer
It is responsible for slower system performance speed.
VindowsLocker Ransomware brings your privacy at high risk and allows web hackers to use you personal details for illegal purpose which might lead you to become identity theft victim.
A. VindowsLocker Ransomware Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view VindowsLocker Ransomware related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete VindowsLocker Ransomware Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove VindowsLocker Ransomware Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for VindowsLocker Ransomware related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than VindowsLocker Ransomware, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. VindowsLocker Ransomware Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall VindowsLocker Ransomware related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find VindowsLocker Ransomware or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall VindowsLocker Ransomware or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search VindowsLocker Ransomware program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall VindowsLocker Ransomware toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove VindowsLocker Ransomware extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove VindowsLocker Ransomware
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove VindowsLocker Ransomware set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of VindowsLocker Ransomware to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove VindowsLocker Ransomware add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove VindowsLocker Ransomware Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from VindowsLocker Ransomware. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. VindowsLocker Ransomware Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect VindowsLocker Ransomware or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete VindowsLocker Ransomware completely.
User Guide : Automatic VindowsLocker Ransomware Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of VindowsLocker Ransomware and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of VindowsLocker Ransomware and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with VindowsLocker Ransomware
Step 5 VindowsLocker Ransomware Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.