What is EZSearch?
EZSearch is regarded as a potentially unwanted program which comes into your PC without your awareness in form of a browser extension. At the first glance, it pretends itself as a powerful search tool to perform a full-text search on Action Request System database field. It claims that it has a very powerful query feature which helps you to zero-in on the records that you are looking for. It has been created on 13th February 2007 T T11:40:19 AM by EzCyberSearch.com. It mainly affects all web browsers and takes control of them. The file names which is created by such an infection are ezs.dll and ezsearch.dll. It is also regarded as an advertising product which distributed the product of partner sites, advertisements and so on.
How does EZSearch get on your Computer?
Being a PUP, EZSearch usually sneak into the user PC along with the bundled of free software packages and programs such as images, PDFs, videos, games, software updates etc. There is various site created by hackers to download managers and hides such an unwanted programs. Beside this, it uses another deceptive way to spread over the PC. To avoid the intrusion of such a malicious programs, you need to follow some few rules. You should read terms & conditions completely before installing any packages, choose always Custom or Advanced type of installation. Do not agree with the unwanted program etc. Your little attention can simply avoid you from being affected by EZSearch.
After successfully intruding into the PC, it starts to display numerous ads in form of banners, coupons, promo codes, deals, in-text ads, suspicious links and much more. The developer of this program may always try to steal money from you. It will always redirect you to the other and unfamiliar sites and replace your search results. It is really very nasty in nature which does not only annoyed you by displaying numerous ads but also gather your sensitive data. If you really want to save your personal data and PC from further attack then you should delete EZSearch as quickly you can.
How to Uninstall EZSearch Easily
EZSearch is classified as adware or potentially unwanted program which annoys the users during their web session. It is capable to violate the security settings and find its own way to invade in the targeted system. Usually, EZSearch comes attached with spam emails, infected removable devices, free software etc and gets installed as an extension in different web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer etc. It does not allow the users to surf normally and misleads them to the suspicious sites. Your screen will be filled with lots of advertisements and promotional alerts. It convince the users to download the free software, video or music files and in the meantime installs harmful threats in bundles to affect the PC efficiency. Thus, do not get trapped in the scam of hackers and avoid clicking on EZSearch anymore.
Besides this, EZSearch can also interrupt your online shopping session by displaying variety of deals, best offers, discount coupons, promo codes etc. It claims to help the users to shop under their budget and convince them to purchase products from its links. You must be aware that when you will make payment then third party hackers can gain your financial details secretly. It can result extremely dangerous for the users identity as the system performance. So, you need to take immediate action in order to get rid of EZSearch permanently after detection.
A. EZSearch Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view EZSearch related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete EZSearch Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove EZSearch Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for EZSearch related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than EZSearch, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. EZSearch Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall EZSearch related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find EZSearch or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall EZSearch or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search EZSearch program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall EZSearch toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove EZSearch extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove EZSearch
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove EZSearch set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of EZSearch to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove EZSearch add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove EZSearch Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from EZSearch. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. EZSearch Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect EZSearch or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete EZSearch completely.
User Guide : Automatic EZSearch Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of EZSearch and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of EZSearch and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with EZSearch
Step 5 EZSearch Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.