YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware – In-depth Analysis
On January 02, a researcher using the name xXToffeeXx from Bleepingcomputer Forum discovered YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware (aka 'Merry Christmas!' or MRCR1 Ransomware). The ransomware developers seems to be Christmas hatters because they wanted to ruin Windows OS users Christmas holidays by infecting their computers. However, it did take a long time to be famous among security investigators and Computer users. Unlike other ransomware, it provides Telegram @comodossecurity and email email@example.com to the victims in order to contact the ransomware developers. The ransomware is created to target commonly used data containers like database, videos, audios, office documents, programming data, photos etc. Once files are indexed on the affected computer, YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware start file encryption process using a military-grade encryption cipher and appends '.MRCR1' extension to all encrypted files and drops ransom note on the desktop as well. Besides, you find that your desktop wallpaper is changed to Christmas-themed image informing about the successful file encryption and contact details of ransomware developers. You may see following image:
YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware – Distribution Methods
At the time of writing article, there is only distribution method being used by YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware developers – Spam emails containing shopping offers and prizes regarding Christmas festival. When you open such emails arrived from suspicious source may infect your computer with YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware or Merry Christmas Ransomware. In future, it may target your computer through other sources such as Torrents, IRC channels, Instant Messengers, free applications, spamming websites and wireless network as well. So, keep yourself prepared to fight against such infection by installing a highly reputed Antivirus software on your computer. Even, keep your whole operating system up-to-date including Antivirus, drivers, applications etc.
YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware causes a huge data loss and poses risks to your privacy. Therefore, we recommend you to get rid of YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware as soon as possible. Follow the ransomware removal guide first and then make use of file restoring software ShadowExplorer or System Restore Point:
How to Remove YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware Completely
YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware is one of the most dangerous and notorious trojan threat which is quite very troublemaker and contribute lots of problems for the innocent PC users. This threat is now disbursed all across and has targeted many of the windows computer to put its harmful effects. Although, YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware might not seen to be very dangerous and so mostly people avoid its presence. Nevertheless, it is a very dreadful trojan infection that sneaks into computer very silently and quickly manages to hide its identity without letting anyone know about its presence. YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware execute command prompt to continue its evil tasks and copies file name to prevents itself from being detected. Now, there must be in your mind how such type of malware slips into PC.
Below is the list of negative impact of YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware is given that would let you know how dangerous and infectious YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware is.
YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware often copies genuine file and prevent itself from being detected.
It changes file name stored in the PC with malicious extensions.
You might notice certain changes into the system default settings.
It is a troublemaker threat which creates problems when you reboot your computer.
Its worst impact might leads to unusual shut down of Computer
It is responsible for slower system performance speed.
YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware brings your privacy at high risk and allows web hackers to use you personal details for illegal purpose which might lead you to become identity theft victim.
A. YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware completely.
User Guide : Automatic YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware
Step 5 YOUR_FILES_ARE_DEAD.HTA Ransomware Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.