What is Patcher Ransomware?
Patcher Ransomware is the consequence of recent detection and has been known to target only Mac OS X users. The developers make use of swift language which is considered to be compatible with macOS, Ios, watchOS and tvOS. It is not too much capable because of being poorly encoded. Patcher Ransomware gets the way inside PC through Torrent sites and appears like a ZIP file that carries two fake programs as Adobe Premiere Pro and Microsoft for Mac. Users are entrapped for installing this program on the basis of false messages like they won't have to pay for license if they prefer its installation. When installation of this program takes place successfully then users can see a transparent window that indicates a warning sign such as something is not right with installation. Further it creates 25 characters string to begin the encryption process for files existing inside Documents and Photo directories. It removes the initial files and alters the encryption time as 13 January 2010. As soon as the encryption process finishes a ransom note README!.txt file is delivered with the instruction for making payment of 0.25 Bitcoins within the schedules time of 7 days and also users are assured for the access to their files in 24 hrs. Patcher Ransomware is not enough to communicate with Command and Control server. Its authors are using the same email address for all entrapped users that is (firstname.lastname@example.org) from mailinator inbox and all recipients are able to go through the messages of each other.
Ways for intrusion of Patcher Ransomware onto PC
Patcher Ransomware gets the way for intrusion onto PC as fake Adobe Premiere and Microsoft Office 2016 patcher programs through Torrents. Users have been noticed to download software from unsecured websites which also helps in installation of such malware.
What users have to face after the attack of Patcher Ransomware
- When installation of this Patcher Ransomware takes place successfully then users can see a transparent window that indicates a warning sign that something is not right with installation.
- Further it creates 25 characters string to begin the encryption process for files existing inside Documents and Photo directories.
- Patcher Ransomware removes the initial files and alters the encryption time as 13 January 2010.
- As soon as the encryption process finishes a ransom note README!.txt file is delivered with the instruction for making payment of 0.25 Bitcoins within the schedules time of 7 days.
What Mac users should do to tackle Patcher Ransomware
Security team recommend regular creation of Data backups for files which will keep those safe. Avoid installing software from unsecured websites and Patcher Ransomware can be removed by using effective anti malware tools.
How to Delete Patcher Ransomware Safely from Macintosh Computer
Patcher Ransomware is one of the most dangerous and notorious trojan threat which is quite very troublemaker and contribute lots of problems for the innocent PC users. This threat is now disbursed all across and has targeted many System to put its harmful effects. Although, Patcher Ransomware might not seen to be very dangerous and so mostly people avoid its presence. Nevertheless, it is a very dreadful trojan infection that sneaks into computer very silently and quickly manages to hide its identity without letting anyone know about its presence. Patcher Ransomware execute command prompt to continue its evil tasks and copies file name to prevents itself from being detected. Now, there must be in your mind how such type of malware slips into PC.
Below is the list of negative impact of Patcher Ransomware is given that would let you know how dangerous and infectious Patcher Ransomware is.
Patcher Ransomware often copies genuine file and prevent itself from being detected.
It changes file name stored in the PC with malicious extensions.
You might notice certain changes into the system default settings.
It is a troublemaker threat which creates problems when you reboot your computer.
Its worst impact might leads to unusual shut down of Computer
It is responsible for slower system performance speed.
Patcher Ransomware brings your privacy at high risk and allows web hackers to use you personal details for illegal purpose which might lead you to become identity theft victim.
Step 1. Uninstall Patcher Ransomware completely From Mac OSX
1. Open “Finder“
2. Go to the “Applications” folder
3. Right click on Patcher Ransomware and then select “Move to Trash“
4. Open “Trash” folder and select “Empty”
Step 2. Remove Patcher Ransomware related extension from Your Browser
Uninstall Patcher Ransomware From Safari
- Open the Safari browser
- Click on ‘Safari‘ and select ‘Preferences‘
- Now choose the ‘extensions‘ tab from top menu bar
- The list of all currently installed
- extensions, or plugins will get opened
- Choose Patcher Ransomware and other suspicious extensions.
- Finally click on Uninstall button.
Remove Patcher Ransomware From Mac Chrome
- Click the Chrome Menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Tools and choose the Extensions option.
- Select Patcher Ransomware extension and click the trash icon
- Make sure to remove all unwanted or suspicious extensions.
- Click on Remove button if confirmation dialog box opens.
Remove Patcher Ransomware From Mac Firefox
Open your Firefox and select the Firefox OSX menu.
option from the Firefox menu.
Choose Add-ons Manager tab and click Extensions panel.
Select Patcher Ransomware and click on Disable or Remove button.
Make sure to remove all unwanted or suspicious extensions.
Click on Restart now button if it pops up.
Step 3. Download MacKeeper To Remove Patcher Ransomware
If you have performed all the above steps but Patcher Ransomware still remains on your Mac then you should use Mackeeper Tool to remove this threat completely from your Mac. If you don’t want to perform those manual steps then you can also use the Mackeeper Tool to automatically remove Patcher Ransomware from your Mac machine. It is an elite Mac cleaner and optimizer Tool enhance that remove all kinds of junks and harmful infections from Mac. It is an all in one Mac optimization Tool that boost the performance of your Mac and give the optimum security.
User Guide :- How To Remove Patcher Ransomware using Mackeeper
1. Click on the below button to download MacKeeper now
2. Double-click “MacKeeper.dmg” and complete the installation process.
3. In “System Status” tab, run a Scan to detect Patcher Ransomware and then click “Fix items Safely” to clean up all infections.