Weather Hub is a browser extension which is compatible with Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. This browser extension is officially offered for downloading on weather-hub.com website and can be downloaded from the Google Chrome web store as well. Despite this, it appears that many PC users acquire this extension through software packages that is not necessarily a good thing. It is a headache of computer user which is categorized under Adware threat. It is developed by the Saphire Mac Media Co. Ltd.
It seems like a old version of Google Search engines with its periodic changing theme phenomena. Its really looks very cool search engine and you will think that it is nothing but a Weather Forecast tool but it's not true at all. It can attacks your PC in various means of communication and stands a wall of serial threats which can consume your systems resources and unfix PC performance. It provides a lot of ads and banners of discount coupons and marketing tricks to cheat in various manner. It is responsible to deliver fake notes and ads titling 'ad by Weather Hub'.
What is Weather Hub?
It is almost an nasty Adware program and known for its malicious activities on the compromised PC. It is coded in such a way that it feels you like cool tools but it is used by many online sponsors for fake ads and generates Pay-per-click revenue. It is able to track your browsing activities to them for illegal purpose.
How Weather Hub enters into user's PC?
It is capable to make its dark entry without your awareness and acknowledgement. Following are the possible ways of Weather Hub virus attack:
- Spam email attachments promote Weather Hub virus in bundle.
- It hides into the suspicious links, freeware, shareware and many such programs to make an entry.
- Use of external media like Corrupted CD, Pen drive and much more.
Threats of Weather Hub
These are the following threats by Weather Hub:
- Redirection of visited sites.
- Complexity of system behavior that turns your PC poor.
- Nasty and irritating ads to force the user for privacy loose.
- Changes almost all known browser's settings/extensions and hijacks to surveillance your activities.
- Damages your Files systems and Registries.
- It promotes spyware-type software, bogus software downloads and pop-ups that ask you to provide your personal information, and so on.
What are the Symptoms of Weather Hub?
Following are the symptoms that signify the presence of Weather Hub:
- Nasty ads titled 'ads by Weather Hub' or 'Weather Hub ad'
- Slower PC performance
- Malicious browser activities
- Malfunctioning of security softwares
How to Uninstall Weather Hub Easily
Weather Hub is classified as adware or potentially unwanted program which annoys the users during their web session. It is capable to violate the security settings and find its own way to invade in the targeted system. Usually, Weather Hub comes attached with spam emails, infected removable devices, free software etc and gets installed as an extension in different web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer etc. It does not allow the users to surf normally and misleads them to the suspicious sites. Your screen will be filled with lots of advertisements and promotional alerts. It convince the users to download the free software, video or music files and in the meantime installs harmful threats in bundles to affect the PC efficiency. Thus, do not get trapped in the scam of hackers and avoid clicking on Weather Hub anymore.
Besides this, Weather Hub can also interrupt your online shopping session by displaying variety of deals, best offers, discount coupons, promo codes etc. It claims to help the users to shop under their budget and convince them to purchase products from its links. You must be aware that when you will make payment then third party hackers can gain your financial details secretly. It can result extremely dangerous for the users identity as the system performance. So, you need to take immediate action in order to get rid of Weather Hub permanently after detection.
A. Weather Hub Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Weather Hub related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Weather Hub Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Weather Hub Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Weather Hub related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Weather Hub, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Weather Hub Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Weather Hub related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Weather Hub or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Weather Hub or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Weather Hub program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Weather Hub toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Weather Hub extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Weather Hub
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Weather Hub set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Weather Hub to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Weather Hub add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Weather Hub Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Weather Hub. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Weather Hub Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Weather Hub or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Weather Hub completely.
User Guide : Automatic Weather Hub Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Weather Hub and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Weather Hub and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Weather Hub
Step 5 Weather Hub Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.