Technical Analysis on SONAR.Heuristic.170
29 June 2017
5 July 2017 10:38:30 AM
Corrupt emails, pirated programs, exploit kit etc.
SONAR.Heuristic.170 : Research information about it
SONAR.Heuristic.170 is a heuristic detection for suspicious tasks based on specific attributes. It is considered as a Trojan by the security experts. It enters inside of your machine silently without your consent. It is a havoc for your system once it get into it. After intrusion it firstly make important changes into your system and registry settings to do many of severe works on your system. It runs malicious tasks into your system background that makes your system very slow to response and sometimes crash completely. This virus makes your system vulnerable to intrude more malware and virus infections to damage your device permanently. It replaces your browsers settings to make divert your search results on malware infected webpages to infect you.
It keeps a close view on your PC activity, online transactions, preferences, browser history and personal details and send the collected data send to their makers to make it commercial. SONAR.Heuristic.170 follows a tricky infiltration tactics to get into your system. Mostly it hide itself into a spam email attachment's file, which looks like an official email or a shopping receipt. When the user download it on their PC then it executed on the device and spread all on the entire PC instantly. Some other ways are though installation of third party bundles of freeware or shareware program, infected media or removal devices, fake updates, file sharing, pirated programs and so on.
Recommendations you should follow to protect your system from SONAR.Heuristic.170 attack
- Always turned on your Windows firewall to block all unwanted incoming connections from Internet.
- Use a complex password policy on your system.
- Ensure the installed programs and users uses lowest level of system privileges to accomplish a task.
- Disable auto install of exe files on the system.
- Keep your system OS and security software updated with all latest patches.
- Do not turn on unnecessary services and try to remove from device.
- Avoid spam emails, random update links and flashy advertisements.
So as you read above it is a malicious system threat which can deliberately irritate you as long as it reside on your PC. Then the best way to free from the virus install a credible anti-malware to remove SONAR.Heuristic.170from machine.
A. SONAR.Heuristic.170 Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view SONAR.Heuristic.170 related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete SONAR.Heuristic.170 Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove SONAR.Heuristic.170 Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for SONAR.Heuristic.170 related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than SONAR.Heuristic.170, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. SONAR.Heuristic.170 Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall SONAR.Heuristic.170 related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find SONAR.Heuristic.170 or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall SONAR.Heuristic.170 or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search SONAR.Heuristic.170 program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall SONAR.Heuristic.170 toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove SONAR.Heuristic.170 extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove SONAR.Heuristic.170
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove SONAR.Heuristic.170 set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of SONAR.Heuristic.170 to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove SONAR.Heuristic.170 add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove SONAR.Heuristic.170 Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from SONAR.Heuristic.170. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. SONAR.Heuristic.170 Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect SONAR.Heuristic.170 or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete SONAR.Heuristic.170 completely.
User Guide : Automatic SONAR.Heuristic.170 Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of SONAR.Heuristic.170 and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of SONAR.Heuristic.170 and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with SONAR.Heuristic.170
Step 5 SONAR.Heuristic.170 Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.