What do you know about Searchjungle.com?
Security researchers do not recommend using Searchjungle.com as a default search engine, because this search tool belongs to the family of “browser hijacker” virus. When it gets inside the targeted machine, it seeks to infect each of the Internet browsers installed on the computer and then reroutes its victims to unwanted sponsored web pages. While users may think that such activities is not dangerous, just irritating, then RPVT security experts would like to recommend you paying close attention into the potential risks that may be caused by this threat. For instance, its redirect may end up on a phishing website, which is trying to spread a malware.
Although, you may end up visiting misleading sites seeking to trick inexperienced system users into revealing their personal information and data. Last, but not the least, you may be tricked into purchasing an useless thing, which is very expensive than it is available on other online shopping web portals. In order to prevent these problems, you should avoid visit Searchjungle.com website. Besides, the threat is capable of attaching itself onto the famous web browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla FF, Edge, Safari, Opera and other browsers, and tracking users online activities. In most cases, the hijacker gathers personally non-identifiable information, like users search terms and mostly visited web pages.
However, this search tool may also have an ability to reveal your email ID or system's IP address to an unknown third party. Therefore, you should be very careful with Searchjungle.com. No matter that the domain looks like a reliable search provider, it may lead you to various malicious domains. If you want to prevent its unwanted redirects and online tracking, you should remove the hijacker from your PC as soon as possible. One of the most reliable method that you can use for the threat is an automatic removal option. You should install the one recommended below in this post and run a full computer scan to remove its related components.
How Does Searchjungle.com Hijack Your Computer?
Searchjungle.com is a nasty hijacker threat which has mostly been promoted by the criminal hackers via two methods. The first distribution channel requires visiting its official domain and making this search tool as your default start page or the search engine. This is not a singly way how you can end up with this fake search domain. Although, the other distribution method is related to the third party program. That is why, there are so many users who report that this threat infiltrated their systems as a virus. In fact, its hijack issue can hardly be noticed, in case if you fail to monitor the installation of freeware application. Hence, you can notice that Searchjungle.com hijacker is trying to get in just only by selecting Advanced or Custom installation process.
A. Searchjungle.com Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Searchjungle.com related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Searchjungle.com Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Searchjungle.com Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Searchjungle.com related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Searchjungle.com, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Searchjungle.com Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Searchjungle.com related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Searchjungle.com or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Searchjungle.com or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Searchjungle.com program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Searchjungle.com toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Searchjungle.com extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Searchjungle.com
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Searchjungle.com set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Searchjungle.com to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Searchjungle.com add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Searchjungle.com Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Searchjungle.com. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Searchjungle.com Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Searchjungle.com or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Searchjungle.com completely.
User Guide : Automatic Searchjungle.com Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Searchjungle.com and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Searchjungle.com and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Searchjungle.com
Step 5 Searchjungle.com Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.