Does your web browser constantly redirected to MSN Redirect Virus? Is it replaced your homepage and default search engine? Are you looking for an effective removal solution to reset your browser and delete MSN Redirect Virus from your compromised PC? If your answer is “Yes” for all the above queries then you are at the right place. Just go through with this removal guide and eliminate MSN Redirect Virus from your compromised machine.
Expert Analysis on MSN Redirect Virus
MSN Redirect Virus is well-known browser hijacker that also referred as Google Redirect Virus. These names receive because its main mode of attacks is redirecting the online searches which are executed on the well-known search engines. The common behavior of this redirect virus is to direct System users to fake web pages or search engine sites that set up with a sole intention of displaying numerous ads and profiting from PPC marketing schemes. Clicking on adverts intentionally or unintentionally will generate revenues for third-party. Thus, you need to avoid from clicking on any suspicious ads.
MSN Redirect Virus involved in a specific attack that may also include the backdoor functions, rootkit functions or other malware attacks that can cause the high degree of damage to your OS. Generally, it packs along with the bundled of freeware and shareware packages. When you download and launch any free content over the Internet, open any spam campaigns, visit any hacked or porn sites, use of any infected removable devices, sharing of the file over P2P network etc, it secretly gets inside your PC without asking for your approval.
It is capable of redirecting you from other sites by replacing your favorite search engine and default homepage. This type of virus can be easily detected because it is responsible for lots of things such as:
- Monitor your browsing activities and gathers your all crucial data.
- Reduce the security settings of your web browser to make your PC vulnerable to other malware attacks.
- Convert your web page text into hyperlinks and cause redirection issue.
- Displays numerous pop-up ads and links to generate online revenues.
A. MSN Redirect Virus Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view MSN Redirect Virus related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete MSN Redirect Virus Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove MSN Redirect Virus Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for MSN Redirect Virus related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than MSN Redirect Virus, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. MSN Redirect Virus Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall MSN Redirect Virus related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find MSN Redirect Virus or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall MSN Redirect Virus or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search MSN Redirect Virus program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall MSN Redirect Virus toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove MSN Redirect Virus extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove MSN Redirect Virus
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove MSN Redirect Virus set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of MSN Redirect Virus to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove MSN Redirect Virus add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove MSN Redirect Virus Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from MSN Redirect Virus. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. MSN Redirect Virus Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect MSN Redirect Virus or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete MSN Redirect Virus completely.
User Guide : Automatic MSN Redirect Virus Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of MSN Redirect Virus and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of MSN Redirect Virus and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with MSN Redirect Virus
Step 5 MSN Redirect Virus Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.