- Name: JS.Ransomcrypt
- Type: Trojan (File-encrypting virus)
- Discovered on: 20th April 2016
- Updated on: 31st August 2016, 6:22:28 AM
- Alert Level: Severe
- Infection Length: 6,000 bytes
- Also detected as: Ransom.Nemucod
- Affected Computers: Windows OS
Detailed Information on JS.Ransomcrypt
JS.Ransomcrypt is a file-encrypting Trojan horse virus which encodes the files or data stored on the compromised machine and then asks the system users to pay a ransom money in order to decode them. This threat is also known as a Ransom.Nemucod which is a malicious Trojan infection as well. Once it gets inside your system, it may install other noxious viruses and may connect a remote malware server in order to get directives from its operators. The malware download and execute few threatening files onto the affected PCs, be given system's configuration and similar vita information, transmit gathered data to unknown third parties, and then perform other malicious actions. JS.Ransomcrypt may add several files onto the affected machines in which includes %TEMP%1246549.exe and %TEMP%2865241.exe.
Moreover, JS.Ransomcrypt is a nasty Trojan which encrypts the files stored on the compromised machine and then encourages the victimized system users to spend on a password or decryption tool to decrypt the files. Once run, it creates various infected files, blocks the desktop and the computer, enciphered files, and then asks the attacked system users to pay a fine via Ukash, cashU, Paysafecard, MoneyPak and Bitcoin by completely covering the screen of the affected PC with a fake legal alert. Besides, it may aim to contact few specific web addresses. Furthermore, if you find the aforementioned malicious files on your machine or anything else similar to this Trojan malware, then you should take an immediate action to remove JS.Ransomcrypt from your system as faster as you can.
Damages that may be caused by JS.Ransomcrypt
A. JS.Ransomcrypt Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view JS.Ransomcrypt related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete JS.Ransomcrypt Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove JS.Ransomcrypt Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for JS.Ransomcrypt related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than JS.Ransomcrypt, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. JS.Ransomcrypt Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall JS.Ransomcrypt related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find JS.Ransomcrypt or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall JS.Ransomcrypt or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search JS.Ransomcrypt program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall JS.Ransomcrypt toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove JS.Ransomcrypt extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove JS.Ransomcrypt
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove JS.Ransomcrypt set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of JS.Ransomcrypt to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove JS.Ransomcrypt add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove JS.Ransomcrypt Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from JS.Ransomcrypt. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. JS.Ransomcrypt Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect JS.Ransomcrypt or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete JS.Ransomcrypt completely.
User Guide : Automatic JS.Ransomcrypt Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of JS.Ransomcrypt and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of JS.Ransomcrypt and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with JS.Ransomcrypt
Step 5 JS.Ransomcrypt Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.