Last night, when I opened my system I got shocked to see that my system got stuck by a Trojan virus named Conhost.exe. When I run a full scan then my antivirus also alert me about the intrusion of this virus. Many of my important files becomes completely inaccessible to me. Some of my system programs also did not work in proper manner. When I launched my browser to visit a security site then I got redirected on a malware infected site that may controlled by the attackers. My PC responds very poorly and many of unwanted process has been automatically running in the background without my permission. Please any one help me to get rid of this problem. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Report based on Conhost.exe
Conhost.exe is a legitimate automatic executable file that runs in system32 folder, which is powered by Microsoft Corporation. It is a issue that is related with your system. In this some of the programs were running in the background of your system and you may use your system in console manner. This problem is generally associated with the outdated Windows versions because they all are hosted under "csrss.exe"(Client Server Runtime Process) service. This process execute as a PC privileged account. If you look at the command box in the Windows XP then you may notice that the Windows does not uses the most active themes and the reason behind it the CSRSS process does not have the ability to work as a theme. If you open the console menu in Windows Vista it seems as you uses the same theme as everything else but you may notice that the scroll bars uses the old theme. The reason behind that Desktop Windows Manager (DWM) process is handling the title bars and the scrollbars are the part of the Windows.
Specific information about Conhost.exe
Unwanted processes automatically running on your background, display of ads and maximum utilization of CPU.
Spam emails, Free software bundles, click on corrupted links.
You should try to understand that the Conhost.exe is now a part of some cyber crooks that pretend to be legit but they wear a mask behind the PC critical process and harms your system so you should remove Conhost.exe from your system as soon as possible. It is not an easy task to remove 100% it from the system so you should keep a backup.
How to Remove Conhost.exe Completely
Conhost.exe is one of the most dangerous and notorious trojan threat which is quite very troublemaker and contribute lots of problems for the innocent PC users. This threat is now disbursed all across and has targeted many of the windows computer to put its harmful effects. Although, Conhost.exe might not seen to be very dangerous and so mostly people avoid its presence. Nevertheless, it is a very dreadful trojan infection that sneaks into computer very silently and quickly manages to hide its identity without letting anyone know about its presence. Conhost.exe execute command prompt to continue its evil tasks and copies file name to prevents itself from being detected. Now, there must be in your mind how such type of malware slips into PC.
Below is the list of negative impact of Conhost.exe is given that would let you know how dangerous and infectious Conhost.exe is.
Conhost.exe often copies genuine file and prevent itself from being detected.
It changes file name stored in the PC with malicious extensions.
You might notice certain changes into the system default settings.
It is a troublemaker threat which creates problems when you reboot your computer.
Its worst impact might leads to unusual shut down of Computer
It is responsible for slower system performance speed.
Conhost.exe brings your privacy at high risk and allows web hackers to use you personal details for illegal purpose which might lead you to become identity theft victim.
A. Conhost.exe Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Conhost.exe related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Conhost.exe Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Conhost.exe Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Conhost.exe related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Conhost.exe, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Conhost.exe Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Conhost.exe related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Conhost.exe or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Conhost.exe or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Conhost.exe program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Conhost.exe toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Conhost.exe extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Conhost.exe
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Conhost.exe set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Conhost.exe to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Conhost.exe add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Conhost.exe Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Conhost.exe. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Conhost.exe Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Conhost.exe or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Conhost.exe completely.
User Guide : Automatic Conhost.exe Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Conhost.exe and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Conhost.exe and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Conhost.exe
Step 5 Conhost.exe Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.