Home.chromatic.rocks is a site that automatically replaces the default search engine. Most of the System user are affected with this browser hijacker infection. If you want to get complete details about Home.chromatic.rocks, how does it work and how to delete it then keep reading this removal guide.
An overview of Home.chromatic.rocks
- Home.chromatic.rocks is a type of browser hijacker
- It hijacks your browser homepage, shortcuts, and default search engine.
- Typically spread along with bundled of freeware packages.
- Automatically installs a Windows Service and executes on Windows start up.
- Drastically slows down overall performance speed.
More Information About Home.chromatic.rocks
Home.chromatic.rocks is a harmful browser hijacker that comes with an interesting appearance and fancy name. It is an alternative search engine and platform which provides the standard search properties such as filters for web search, video, images etc. At the first sign, it looks like a good platform that offers several features but around the site, there is clandestine activity. This type of site is especially utilized by the cyber hackers along with sole intention to make money and profit for the third-party.
It offers a program for the installation called InKeepr. The setup file is usually offered in the .dmg file format. The system user can be easily downloaded this site from its official page. Most of the cases, it comes along with the bundled of freeware and shareware packages. When you launch any freeware program from the Internet, it secretly lurks inside the PC. Beside this bundling method, it comes from the external sources such as software bundled, corrupted sites, spam e-mail attachments etc. Be cautious while doing any online activities otherwise your PC will be infected with such an infection.
The sole intention of the creators of this site is to get access to your browser. It makes unnecessary modifications into your browser as well as System settings and blocks you to reset them back. Altering them, it will bombards you with tons of annoying pop-up ads in various formats such as banners, deals, comparison, promo codes, in-text links, in-text ads, in-line ads etc. All adverts are based on the pay per click schemes. Clicking on such an adverts intentionally or unintentionally will lead you to the third-party site where numerous products and services are promoted. It causes too much interruption while surfing the web. To have a better online experience and keep PC safe from further malware attacks, you should eliminate Home.chromatic.rocks immediately.
A. Home.chromatic.rocks Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Home.chromatic.rocks related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Home.chromatic.rocks Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Home.chromatic.rocks Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Home.chromatic.rocks related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Home.chromatic.rocks, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Home.chromatic.rocks Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Home.chromatic.rocks related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Home.chromatic.rocks or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Home.chromatic.rocks or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Home.chromatic.rocks program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Home.chromatic.rocks toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Home.chromatic.rocks extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Home.chromatic.rocks
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Home.chromatic.rocks set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Home.chromatic.rocks to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Home.chromatic.rocks add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Home.chromatic.rocks Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Home.chromatic.rocks. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Home.chromatic.rocks Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Home.chromatic.rocks or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Home.chromatic.rocks completely.
User Guide : Automatic Home.chromatic.rocks Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Home.chromatic.rocks and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Home.chromatic.rocks and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Home.chromatic.rocks
Step 5 Home.chromatic.rocks Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.