Detailed Information on Chipopo
Chipopo is considered as an adware program which causes advertisements related issues on your system. Although, you can obtain this web browser extension from its official website “Chipopo.info” and it is advertised by its creators as an useful tool that provide you with a most “beautiful home page”. In case, if you do not remember the installation of this unwanted program and still experience annoying adverts, then it must have entered your PC through freeware. Whenever you installed any free program and missed to check additional components bundled with the freeware app, then your mistake allowed Chipopo or other adware programs install alongside with the software.
However, it will not harm your machine directly because this is not its main purpose. But, it will expose you to intrusive ads and even objectionable content. If you are not careful enough, then you could end up installing adware threat onto your machine. Therefore, the RPVT security experts highly suggest the infected computer users to take their time in order to locate and remove this annoying app from the system as quickly as possible. Most important, you must likely do not need the encouragement because the never ending advertisements will absolutely frustrate you to no end.
Proliferation Methods Used by Chipopo
Besides, you can download this supposedly helpful web browser extension from it official domain “Chipopo.info” or it could have slithered onto your machine with the help of freeware applications. Most often, free programs have browser hijackers or possibly undesired softwares attached with it. That is why, the computer users need to be extra vigilant during the installation procedure of freeware programs. When installing cost-free tool, always use Custom or Advanced installation settings. As a result, you will be given with the option of deselecting anything that has been added. In case, if you choose the “Default” installation procedure, you will end up allowing additional components to install on your PC, and even you will not recognize it. Therefore, if you don't want to end up installing adware programs like Chipopo, then you should browse the web carefully and follow the complete installation process.
Why it is important to remove Chipopo?
- Display ads in various forms, including pop-ups, banners and pop-under ads.
- You might be offered to download program which is considered rogue.
- Clicking on its ads will redirect you to various suspicious web portals.
- Degrades the infected computer performance and reduces Internet speed.
- Chipopo might install other type of potentially unwanted apps on your system.
A. Chipopo Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Chipopo related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Chipopo Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Chipopo Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Chipopo related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Chipopo, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Chipopo Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Chipopo related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Chipopo or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Chipopo or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Chipopo program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Chipopo toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Chipopo extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Chipopo
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Chipopo set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Chipopo to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Chipopo add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Chipopo Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Chipopo. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Chipopo Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Chipopo or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Chipopo completely.
User Guide : Automatic Chipopo Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Chipopo and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Chipopo and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Chipopo
Step 5 Chipopo Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.