- Name: JS.Kopiwak
- Threat Type: Trojan
- Alert Level: High
- Detected on: 2nd February 2017
- Last Updated: 3rd February 2017
- Infection Length: Varies
- Computers Affected: All versions of Windows OS
What should you know about JS.Kopiwak?
JS.Kopiwak is identified as a vicious Trojan horse virus which is a nightmare for all Windows operating system. It has been specifically designed by the team of cyber criminal in order to infect maximum number of PC. The threat is able to bypass all the security systems installed on your computer and can easily invade the machine without your knowledge. Once it manages to find a backdoor into the targeted machine, it will immediately bring in other types of nasty infections that will destroy everything stored on your computer. For instance, JS.Kopiwak can disable the installed system security programs, blocks the firewall, modify the registry entries, placed its malicious codes onto it and delete the crucial system files without even letting you know.
Since, JS.Kopiwak virus is an auto-executable infection, it gets executed onto your machine automatically after every system reboot. Although, the malware is quite good at hiding its malicious files into the compromised system. In order to stay undetected onto the affected machine for a long time, it keeps mutating plenty of harmful tasks onto the computers' background. Besides, it will completely mess up your PCs settings, if not deleted in time. Just after its installation, it will install a nasty keylogger that will record your personal and private data or information and then share these data with the cyber hackers for gaining illegal benefit. The gathered data includes, IP address, systems' geographical location, login credentials, banking account information, credit or debit card data, saved bookmarks, visited websites, browsing histories and many more. Hence, the presence of JS.Kopiwak noxious threat will compromise your privacy and and may result in identity theft or even huge financial loss.
Computers Related Issues Caused by JS.Kopiwak Trojan
- Infect all the versions of Windows computer including Win XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10.
- Corrupt the systems' registry files and inject its harmful codes onto it.
- Automatically gets executed every time when your system restarted.
- It can infect your Internet browser and causes unexpected browser redirections.
- JS.Kopiwak can bring other notorious threat onto your PC without your knowledge.
- Harm your entire machine's data and corrupt the important files and programs.
A. JS.Kopiwak Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view JS.Kopiwak related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete JS.Kopiwak Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove JS.Kopiwak Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for JS.Kopiwak related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than JS.Kopiwak, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. JS.Kopiwak Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall JS.Kopiwak related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find JS.Kopiwak or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall JS.Kopiwak or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search JS.Kopiwak program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall JS.Kopiwak toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove JS.Kopiwak extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove JS.Kopiwak
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove JS.Kopiwak set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of JS.Kopiwak to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove JS.Kopiwak add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove JS.Kopiwak Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from JS.Kopiwak. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. JS.Kopiwak Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect JS.Kopiwak or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete JS.Kopiwak completely.
User Guide : Automatic JS.Kopiwak Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of JS.Kopiwak and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of JS.Kopiwak and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with JS.Kopiwak
Step 5 JS.Kopiwak Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.