Technical Details of Adware.hicosmea
|Discovered Date||July 14th, 2015|
|Affected browsers||Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge and much more.|
|Affected System||All version of Windows OS|
|Aliases||ADWARE/Hicosmea.Gen and Variant.Graftor.206736|
Complete Details of Adware.hicosmea
Adware.hicosmea has been detected as an Adware which is specifically designed by the team of cyber hackers to cheat the innocent System users. It usually promoted as a form of browser extension and invade into all versions of Windows System. This type of adware program is capable of working with all well reputable and the mostly used web browsers. Although, it pretends to be a very useful program that promises user to help them but actually it displays several misleading and unwanted ads on the desktop screen. This type of fake System threat is mainly created by hackers to display the numerous commercial ads to lead victims on it associated domains and generate online profit. There is no any symptoms of this adware which makes it legitimate or useful. Once intruding inside the PC secretly it opens backdoor and invite several malicious threats. The worst thing about this threat is that it compromise the user's secret and personal details.
Dissemination Tactics Used By Adware.hicosmea
Being a nasty adware program, Adware.hicosmea can get inside your PC using numerous deceptive channels. But mainly it spread along with the deceptive marketing method called bundling method. Downloading & installation of any freeware packages using typical or default installation mode may victimized your PC with such an infection. The creator of this program knows very well that user most often performs the installation procedure in hurry by clicking on the next button. It hides itself within the option of Custom or Advanced that skipped by almost all Computer users. Therefore, it is strictly advised by security analysts that user must be attentive while downloading any cost-free application and they must choose Advanced/Custom option instead of default/typical/standard ones.
Possible Symptoms of Adware.hicosmea
- Alters your browser's homepage and search engine to Adware.hicosmea.
- Displays thousand of commercial ads and links on your desktop screen.
- Degrades overall Computer and network performance speed.
- Collects user's all personal data and then after exposed them to the public.
- Opens backdoor for injecting numerous other malwares or malicious Computer threats.
A. Adware.hicosmea Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Adware.hicosmea related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Adware.hicosmea Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Adware.hicosmea Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Adware.hicosmea related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Adware.hicosmea, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Adware.hicosmea Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Adware.hicosmea related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Adware.hicosmea or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Adware.hicosmea or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Adware.hicosmea program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Adware.hicosmea toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Adware.hicosmea extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Adware.hicosmea
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Adware.hicosmea set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Adware.hicosmea to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Adware.hicosmea add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
Help To Remove Adware.hicosmea
How to Remove Adware.hicosmea Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Adware.hicosmea. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Adware.hicosmea Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Adware.hicosmea or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Adware.hicosmea completely.
User Guide : Automatic Adware.hicosmea Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Adware.hicosmea and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Adware.hicosmea and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Adware.hicosmea
Step 5 Adware.hicosmea Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.