Technical Details on Hacktool.Psattack
- Name: Hacktool.Psattack
- Type: Trojan
- Publisher: Jaredhaight
- Updated on: 28th March 2017, 6:44:17 PM
- Alert Level: Severe
- Infection Length: 3,232,256 bytes
- Also known as: PSAttack
- Systems Affected: Windows Operating System
Brief Description on Hacktool.Psattack
Hacktool.Psattack is a detection which is associated with Trojan virus. The threat has been especially designed by the cyber hackers in order to allow the computer users to patch, modify and crack the code of applications which require a license key. It can seriously destroy your machine and compromise your system's privacy. Malware can access the targeted computer without knowing you and then execute number of malicious activities involving data theft and dropping additional dangerous viruses or bring in other rogue programs. Once it gets installed onto the machine, it connects your system with a remote malware server which is enciphered in its components.
Also, Hacktool.Psattack can receive configuration data from remote server which means that the configuration of every single version of this Trojan can differ from each other. Furthermore, the threat can reach certain files on the remote web portals and download them onto the affected machine. If not, it can also connect to the Internet without asking for your permission and then open a web page which carries a harmful code. Whenever the connection between the website and your system is established, the domain automatically downloads and runs few unsafe softwares onto your computer. Hacktool.Psattack does not encompass any type of specific threat symptoms, but you can realize if your machine gets infected with this malware by checking the unwanted processes running in the Windows Task Manager.
Malicious Consequences of Hacktool.Psattack
Being a nasty Trojan horse virus, it can lead to slow processing, reduces Internet speed and corrupts some of your installed programs. Executable files are the components of this dangerous virus setup, and thus, they always run if the threat is detected on your machine. Also, some of the computer files are connected with adware infection which means that Hacktool.Psattack can also function as an adware threat that examines your web browsing activities and then displays unwanted or annoying commercial advertisements. Needless to say, infected with this Trojan might turn your system unusable. The modus operandi of the malware includes manipulation of Windows core files and the directories that are accessed by installed anti-virus applications. However, careless manipulation of system's files that are opened and run as a part of a security framework might result in the damage to your Windows operating system. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to delete this Trojan from your PC as soon as possible.
A. Hacktool.Psattack Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Hacktool.Psattack related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Hacktool.Psattack Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Hacktool.Psattack Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Hacktool.Psattack related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Hacktool.Psattack, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Hacktool.Psattack Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Hacktool.Psattack related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Hacktool.Psattack or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Hacktool.Psattack or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Hacktool.Psattack program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Hacktool.Psattack toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Hacktool.Psattack extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Hacktool.Psattack
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Hacktool.Psattack set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Hacktool.Psattack to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Hacktool.Psattack add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Hacktool.Psattack Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Hacktool.Psattack. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Hacktool.Psattack Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Hacktool.Psattack or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Hacktool.Psattack completely.
User Guide : Automatic Hacktool.Psattack Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Hacktool.Psattack and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Hacktool.Psattack and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Hacktool.Psattack
Step 5 Hacktool.Psattack Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.