My best friend's lappy is currently re-booting after displaying an error message. The machine is dell running on Windows 8. I started his laptop and start running in Safe mode and ran my antivirus. It fix some of the similar items but it reported Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b in the boot sector. Is there any solutions to remove or repair without wipe out the system drives. If there is any then kindly help me soon.
Detailed description on Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b virus
Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b is a super system threat which is found as a severe rootkit Trojan virus. It conceal components or secret information from the victim's affected computer. It is a malicious system threat which is a rigid one to remove from system. It can make attacks on various Windows versions such as Windows XP/Vista/7/8 and so on. It silently entered on your system by hiding itself into the installers of freeware or shareware programs which can be downloaded easily from Internet. After downloading on your system it spread on entire system rapidly. It disables your system security program and Windows firewall to stay on your PC for a longer time to do various unwanted works to damage your PC permanently. It alters system and registry settings to do many kinds if vicious works like disable system programs and its functionalities, sudden slow performance of PC, browser redirections, appearance of too many unwanted pop-ups, fake updates on your browsers that can ruin your surfing experience.
Short summary : Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b
11 July 2011
15 October 2014 8:37:59 AM
Slow system performance, corrupt files, replaces system settings etc.
Spam email attachments, pirated programs, malvertising etc.
Proliferation methods followed by Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b
- Infected attachments of spam emails that carried a malicious exe file into it that run on the system after download.
- Use of infected media or removal drives such as USBs, memory cards, external HDD and many more,
- By dubious clicks on malvertising or suspicious links.
- If you are visiting a unsafe domain then it may intrude the infections into your system and drop other or more malware.
- Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b may come from peer to peer file sharing.
So you should not waiting for the complete destroy of the system if not then you have to use a credible anti-malware to remove Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b from your infected system.
A. Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b completely.
User Guide : Automatic Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b
Step 5 Rootkit.Boot.Cidox.b Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.