Are you finding redirections on your browsers? Is your browsers settings got modified without permissions? Is your system start responding very slow? If these signs occurs on your system then it might be a clear indication of PUP attack. So if you want to uninstall it from your affected system then follow the steps which is given below at the end of the post.
What you should know about the Polaris Search?
Polaris Search is a suspicious looking search browser extension tool of Internet search engine website "search.polarissearch.com". The extension is promoted along with the bundles of third party free software that can be easily download from Internet. The top three nations that badly affected by this annoying PUP are Canada, United States and Germany. Its overall ranking in infection index is 4804. This dubious extension has been developed by the Polarity Technologies Pvt Ltd which is known to release free to use applications. It has been promoted as a legit bowser search engine extension to enhance the surfing experience by providing quick search results, weather report, displaying time, and displaying beautiful home screen wallpapers. Malware hackers promoted the website by installing the extension on users systems without their permissions. Once it makes successful entry inside of PC then it attacks on your installed browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, Opera and similar others.
Polaris Search : More Knowledge About It
Name – Polaris Search
Type – PUP
Risk – Medium
Symptoms – Replace browsers settings, constant redirections, slow system, display ads etc.
Delivery – Free downloads, spam emails, infected ads, etc.
Infected OS – Windows
Polaris Search Placed Into Your System Along With Unwanted Installations
Commonly this Polaris Search kinds of PUPs infect PC users while they installing any of the freeware or shareware on the system without checking their installation list or security checkups. Due to your less security towards system installation that manages to install additional program on system along with the source one that might be the infection. So if you want to save system from unwanted installations on PC and you might be safe from infection attack. Some of the more infecting tricks are via spam emails that may contain infected attachments, suspicious looking ads, infected sites, fake update links, pirated downloads etc.
Hence you need to uninstall Polaris Search from system by installing an anti-malware on the device.
A. Polaris Search Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Polaris Search related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Polaris Search Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Polaris Search Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Polaris Search related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Polaris Search, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Polaris Search Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Polaris Search related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Polaris Search or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Polaris Search or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Polaris Search program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Polaris Search toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Polaris Search extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Polaris Search
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Polaris Search set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Polaris Search to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Polaris Search add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
Polaris Search Deletion: Quick Steps To Get Rid Of Polaris Search In Just Few Steps
|French||Étapes Rapides Vers Supprimer Polaris Search de Chrome|
|German||Einfache Anleitung zu Deinstallieren Polaris Search von Opera|
|Polish||Polaris Search Deinstalacja: Tutorial do Kasować Polaris Search Całkowicie|
|Portuguese||Polaris Search Eliminação: Passos para Excluir Polaris Search Manualmente|
|Italian||Disinstalla Polaris Search da Firefox : Elimina Polaris Search|
|Spanish||Retirar Polaris Search de Internet Explorer : Eliminar Polaris Search|
|Japanese||クイックステップ アンインストール Polaris Search|
|Dutch||Desinstallatie Polaris Search van Opera : Elimineren Polaris Search|
|Danish||Slip af med Polaris Search fra Firefox : Ryd Away Polaris Search|
How to Remove Polaris Search Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Polaris Search. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Polaris Search Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Polaris Search or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Polaris Search completely.
User Guide : Automatic Polaris Search Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Polaris Search and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Polaris Search and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Polaris Search
Step 5 Polaris Search Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.