Phoenix virus Description
A newly released cryptomalware named Phoenix virus is discovered in the loose, reported not to be very dangerous because it is still in development phase. Authors spreaded it all over the Internet to test its impact which is not really impressive for them. Despites, the ransomware uses AES-256 cipher to encipher saved files only on the desktop of targeted PC and demands 0.2 BTC as ransom payment. It isn't programmed to index files either from other system directories or from removable drives to proceed encryption. However, if you keep your important files on the desktop, this ransomware will corrupt them easily. Though, it becomes nearly impossible to break out the lock code without a proper decryption key. So that, until you don't decrypt or restore your files from backup, you won't be able to access your files.
Highlights of Phoenix virus
- This ransomware appends '.R.i.P' extension to the encrypted files, so that you will find corrupted files on your system having the same extension instead general extension. This sign makes sure that your PC has been compromised with Phoenix Virus.
- After completion of encryption process, the virus drops ransom note named 'Important!.txt' file only on your desktop. The note contains phishing message that suggest you to make ransom pay off via Bitcoin base wallet using TOR network.
- As we mentioned above, this virus is in development phase, it poses risk to your files stored only on desktop. So that, you don't need worry about files which are stored in other directories.
How to keep your PC virus free in future?
A reliable security software will definitely help you to fight against Phoenix virus or other similar threats always. Hence, security experts always advise PC user to keep a premium security software installed on the PC. And most importantly, you must keep it up-to-date always. So that, its database will have critical identifying information even about the latest threat. Moreover, we don't suggest you to install software or system updates from unknown sources. If you see it, just ignore them. This is how you can keep your system virus free.
As of now, all victim are advised to uninstall Phoenix virus from the affected PCs before starting file restoring process. Follow the given instruction:
How to Remove Phoenix virus Completely
Phoenix virus is one of the most dangerous and notorious trojan threat which is quite very troublemaker and contribute lots of problems for the innocent PC users. This threat is now disbursed all across and has targeted many of the windows computer to put its harmful effects. Although, Phoenix virus might not seen to be very dangerous and so mostly people avoid its presence. Nevertheless, it is a very dreadful trojan infection that sneaks into computer very silently and quickly manages to hide its identity without letting anyone know about its presence. Phoenix virus execute command prompt to continue its evil tasks and copies file name to prevents itself from being detected. Now, there must be in your mind how such type of malware slips into PC.
Below is the list of negative impact of Phoenix virus is given that would let you know how dangerous and infectious Phoenix virus is.
Phoenix virus often copies genuine file and prevent itself from being detected.
It changes file name stored in the PC with malicious extensions.
You might notice certain changes into the system default settings.
It is a troublemaker threat which creates problems when you reboot your computer.
Its worst impact might leads to unusual shut down of Computer
It is responsible for slower system performance speed.
Phoenix virus brings your privacy at high risk and allows web hackers to use you personal details for illegal purpose which might lead you to become identity theft victim.
A. Phoenix virus Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Phoenix virus related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Phoenix virus Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Phoenix virus Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Phoenix virus related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Phoenix virus, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Phoenix virus Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Phoenix virus related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Phoenix virus or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Phoenix virus or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Phoenix virus program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Phoenix virus toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Phoenix virus extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Phoenix virus
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Phoenix virus set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Phoenix virus to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Phoenix virus add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Phoenix virus Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Phoenix virus. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Phoenix virus Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Phoenix virus or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Phoenix virus completely.
User Guide : Automatic Phoenix virus Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Phoenix virus and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Phoenix virus and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Phoenix virus
Step 5 Phoenix virus Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.