Are you getting a windows screen “Microsoft Help Desk” each time while surfing the web? Is it ask to call on the provided toll-free number in order to get the technicians help to remove virus? Are you too much confused and looking for its detailed information? If so, read this post completely and resolve your all issues.
What is Microsoft Help Desk?
Microsoft Help Desk is a fake tech support scam that belongs to the Trojan family. It aims to scare System user and convince them to call on the provided toll-free number. This tech support scam may displays a fake Windows screen stating that your System is infected with virus. This alert will cover your desktop screen and block you to access your programs and desktop when trying to start Window System. The error message may also states that there is a problem with gv3.sys file and you should contact with technicians by calling on 1-888-828-6971 in order to get their help.
Is Microsoft Help Desk Scam or Not?
But you should not believed on the fake alert and warning messages because this type of scam has been specifically designed and created by cyber hackers for commercial purposes. The alerts is shown only to scare you into calling the listed contact number so that scammers can see their unnecessary products and services. The text of Microsoft Help Desk is shown below :
The scam window contains a button labeled as “Microsoft Help Desk”. Simple click on that button will minimize the fake apart and open IE to http://www.fastsupport.com. Undoubtedly, it is created to trick you into calling the hot-line number. There is no any reason to make a call on the provided number. So avoid to call or contact with cyber hackers. If you contact with the technicians, they will ask for your crucial data and release your privacy.
How does PC get infected with Microsoft Help Desk?
Belonging to the Trojan family, Microsoft Help Desk uses various deceptive and tricky ways to attack windows PC. Most of the cases, it travels along with the installed program that did not disclose that other software would also be installed along with it. Therefore, you need to be very cautious while downloading and installing anything from the Internet. Selection of Advanced or Custom installation option is a good idea to avoid such a Trojan infection.
A. Microsoft Help Desk Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Microsoft Help Desk related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Microsoft Help Desk Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Microsoft Help Desk Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Microsoft Help Desk related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Microsoft Help Desk, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Microsoft Help Desk Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Microsoft Help Desk related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Microsoft Help Desk or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Microsoft Help Desk or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Microsoft Help Desk program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Microsoft Help Desk toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Microsoft Help Desk extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Microsoft Help Desk
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Microsoft Help Desk set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Microsoft Help Desk to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Microsoft Help Desk add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Microsoft Help Desk Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Microsoft Help Desk. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Microsoft Help Desk Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Microsoft Help Desk or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Microsoft Help Desk completely.
User Guide : Automatic Microsoft Help Desk Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Microsoft Help Desk and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Microsoft Help Desk and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Microsoft Help Desk
Step 5 Microsoft Help Desk Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.