Are you bothered by foodkia.com that seems to have settled down inside your browsers and replaced its homepage, added a new search engine or a toolbar and constantly redirects you to other sites? If your answer is positive, then you have likely had foodkia.com recently installed on your PC. Here, you will learn detailed information about this threat, its intrusion techniques and how to deal with it.
foodkia.com : What is it?
foodkia.com seem similar to other working web browser like Google, Yahoo, Bing, and other legitimate search engines. Therefore, lots of PC users believe that it is legitimate and useful. In fact, researcher of malware detect it browser hijacker and its main purpose is continually records data relating to Internet browsing activity. they can surely ruin one’s day (or week, or month), just because they are so incredibly frustrating to have around. Danger level of this threat is medium that means its harmful for PC. it changed Windows shortcuts on your desktop and in the Start Menu. The link to FOODKIA.COM site is added into the command line.
Distribution Method Used By foodkia.com
In any user download and install software from unknown and some legitimate sources then, foodkia.com automatically get inside the PC. The installation of free software can be build using dark patterns that means some downloads do not disclose that other software will also be installed on your computer visible to the user. Some other ways are malicious sites, P2P file sharing networks, Spammy email attachments, pirated software and more.
Rogues Activities Caused By foodkia.com
foodkia.com is capable to keep track of your surfing habits. This means, it gather your personal information like web history, search queries, credit card details, IP address etc. and then use it for evil purposes. It causes the infected PC encounter big RAM and CPU spikes, which leads to a productivity slowdown, even system crashes. If you don't take action to get rid of it completely then, the browser hijacker help hackers take control of your compromised computer. It is very dangerous and irritating browser hijacker. So, you should remove foodkia.com from your computer as soon as possible.
Remove foodkia.com : How to Completely Get Rid of foodkia.com
foodkia.com is identified as a infectious redirect virus that is capable to ruin your system. It silently get added and bring numerous changes in essential system’s settings without your consent. Once activated, foodkia.com will start editing your default search browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Goggle Chrome, IE and Safari to make its result hijacked to suspicious websites along with evil motive. It is designed just like genuine domain and try to attract user by displaying attractive offers and discount coupons. foodkia.com will bring changes in your essential system’s settings including security, default browser’s settings without asking your permission. What’s more worse, it will mix up its code in the start up section to get added every time after its start up. foodkia.com will gather your banking and personal details including user name, contact number, passwords and so on.. by tracking your online activities. Thus, it would better to remove foodkia.com immediately before its too late.
A. foodkia.com Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view foodkia.com related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete foodkia.com Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove foodkia.com Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for foodkia.com related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than foodkia.com, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. foodkia.com Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall foodkia.com related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find foodkia.com or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall foodkia.com or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search foodkia.com program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall foodkia.com toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove foodkia.com extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove foodkia.com
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove foodkia.com set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of foodkia.com to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove foodkia.com add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove foodkia.com Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from foodkia.com. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. foodkia.com Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect foodkia.com or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete foodkia.com completely.
User Guide : Automatic foodkia.com Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of foodkia.com and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of foodkia.com and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with foodkia.com
Step 5 foodkia.com Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.