This post focuses a closer look at Locky Bart ransomware, its payload, behavior, and removal solution. Keep reading this post to get complete information about it and its removal tip.
Researchers Report on Locky Bart ransomware
The Locky Bart ransomware is a third variant of ransomware that derived after two very successful ransomware campaigns named as “Locky” and “Locky v2”. This variant of ransomware comes with new and advanced features. It has a faster encryption mechanism which can encrypt files easily without being connected to C&C server. According to the researcher, the back-end infrastructure of this ransomware may be maintained by different threat actor while the internals of malicious binary distributes a great number of similarities.
Depth Analysis of Locky Bart's Binary
The previous variants of ransomware places each file in a password protected ZIP archive and used an older protected algorithm. However, this ransomware creates a unique key for encryption, enumerates all targeted files and then after creates a ransom note on the desktop with a link to payment page and UID. After intruding into the user System, it performs a set of actions to encrypt the victim's file such as follows:
- Encrypt the files with generating unique key.
- Generate a seed to create a private key to encrypt user's files.
- Wipe System Restore Points with VSSadmin.
- Encrypt files with a master key which becomes the victim's UID to identify them.
- Create a ransom note on desktop with a link to payment site and UID.
Intrusion Method of Locky Bart ransomware
Locky Bart ransomware uses Software Protection Techniques
This variant of ransomware uses Software Protection technique which is also known as code virtualization and added to the Locky Bart binary using “WPProtect” program. This protection technique reversing the binary significantly more difficult and used to prevent the privacy.
What is the use of Locky Bart Sever?
This server is used to provide the victims with a payment mechanism to transfer money to other wallets, receive BTC from payments, provide and generate a decryption EXE for victims. This back-end runs on a framework called Yii. It is a very high-performance PHP framework which contains a great deal of information about the inner workings of Locky Bart ransomware.
Locky Bart ransomware gives a really very great view of the side of a ransomware operation. The cyber hackers who execute the operations of this ransomware are extremely professional level. Thus, System users should always take an extra step to protect themselves from malware attacks. This ransomware will continue to grow and get more advanced. Therefore, you need to make sure that your System data and files are protected in the form of backup's security.
Remove Locky Bart ransomware : How to Completely Get Rid of Locky Bart ransomware
Locky Bart ransomware is identified as a infectious redirect virus that is capable to ruin your system. It silently get added and bring numerous changes in essential system’s settings without your consent. Once activated, Locky Bart ransomware will start editing your default search browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Goggle Chrome, IE and Safari to make its result hijacked to suspicious websites along with evil motive. It is designed just like genuine domain and try to attract user by displaying attractive offers and discount coupons. Locky Bart ransomware will bring changes in your essential system’s settings including security, default browser’s settings without asking your permission. What’s more worse, it will mix up its code in the start up section to get added every time after its start up. Locky Bart ransomware will gather your banking and personal details including user name, contact number, passwords and so on.. by tracking your online activities. Thus, it would better to remove Locky Bart ransomware immediately before its too late.
A. Locky Bart ransomware Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Locky Bart ransomware related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Locky Bart ransomware Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Locky Bart ransomware Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Locky Bart ransomware related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Locky Bart ransomware, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Locky Bart ransomware Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Locky Bart ransomware related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Locky Bart ransomware or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Locky Bart ransomware or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Locky Bart ransomware program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Locky Bart ransomware toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Locky Bart ransomware extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Locky Bart ransomware
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Locky Bart ransomware set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Locky Bart ransomware to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Locky Bart ransomware add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Locky Bart ransomware Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Locky Bart ransomware. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Locky Bart ransomware Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Locky Bart ransomware or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Locky Bart ransomware completely.
User Guide : Automatic Locky Bart ransomware Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Locky Bart ransomware and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Locky Bart ransomware and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Locky Bart ransomware
Step 5 Locky Bart ransomware Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.