About EnCrYpTeD ransomware
Pickles Ransomware, also known as EnCrYpTeD ransomware belongs to Alpha Ransomware family. This ransomware is a file coder program, written to encrypt certain types of files stored in the most commonly used data containers on the compromised computer. It was first spotted in January 2017 on several spamming sites. Some of Windows users also reported EnCrYpTeD ransomware attacks. Though, it drew close attention of security experts. According to them, EnCrYpTeD virus works same as PyL33T ransomware. Both ransomware are focused on targeting online database servers and corporate networks that don't make use of daily backup solution.
As we mentioned, EnCrYpTeD virus is also detected as Pickles Ransomware which is coded into Python programming language and it works as a standalone project. It means, the ransomware is not based on HiddenTear or EDA2 projects. You should also be aware of Python programming allows developers easy implementation of updates, modular structure, and expand abilities using plug-ins. Evidences against EnCrYpTeD ransomware was found on ID-ransomware site. Some samples were uploaded there by anonymous source. However, they analyzed its source and made public some interesting facts, listed below:
- first, EnCrYpTeD ransomware is designed to use AES-256 cipher to handle data encryption process on compromised computer.
- An another interesting fact about EnCrYpTeD virus is that it only encodes certain types of files in 'My Pictures', 'Cookies', and 'Desktop', but does not harm any other data stored in SystemDrive folders or external drives.
- It is nearly impossible to block its malicious process, because it leaves an autorun file entitled as 'Microsoft' on the computer which starts file encoding processes immediately.
- Following file encryption, EnCrYpTeD virus drops numerous ReadMe(How Decrypt) !!!!.txt files inside folders having encoded files. This ransom note file offers victims to pay of $400 as iTunes gift card and send codes to provided email address.
How did EnCrYpTeD ransomware invade your PC?
EnCrYpTeD virus may have invaded your computer via spam emails, infected removable drives, Torrents sites, Internet relay chat, spamming domains etc. In most cases, ransomware developers use some deceptive technique to lure computer users into double clicking attached files or embedded links. Probably, you may have done the same. That's why EnCrYpTeD ransomware has invaded your system.
Therefore, to remove EnCrYpTeD ransomware from your computer completely, you have to follow the removal guide provided below:
A. EnCrYpTeD ransomware Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view EnCrYpTeD ransomware related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete EnCrYpTeD ransomware Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove EnCrYpTeD ransomware Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for EnCrYpTeD ransomware related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than EnCrYpTeD ransomware, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. EnCrYpTeD ransomware Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall EnCrYpTeD ransomware related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find EnCrYpTeD ransomware or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall EnCrYpTeD ransomware or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search EnCrYpTeD ransomware program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall EnCrYpTeD ransomware toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove EnCrYpTeD ransomware extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove EnCrYpTeD ransomware
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove EnCrYpTeD ransomware set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of EnCrYpTeD ransomware to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove EnCrYpTeD ransomware add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove EnCrYpTeD ransomware Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from EnCrYpTeD ransomware. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. EnCrYpTeD ransomware Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect EnCrYpTeD ransomware or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete EnCrYpTeD ransomware completely.
User Guide : Automatic EnCrYpTeD ransomware Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of EnCrYpTeD ransomware and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of EnCrYpTeD ransomware and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with EnCrYpTeD ransomware
Step 5 EnCrYpTeD ransomware Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.