What Is "Deceptive Site Ahead"?
"Deceptive Site Ahead" informs about potentially dangerous content and prevents you from entering a particular website. Google Safe Browsing services have created this message in order to protect user from unsafe online content. This service scans websites and looks for deceptive buttons, for instance, they might be download buttons that install software from unrelated and unreliable third-party sources. The alert message might also show up before entering social engineering websites. Internet sites that are marked as potentially dangerous might trick users to install suspicious software or disclose sensitive information. "Deceptive Site Ahead" may also be produced if your browser redirects to unknown websites for online scams like advance-fee fraud and tech support scams. While all function which is provided of Google are good, but the latest addition to Google Chrome security showing up wrong notifications from several sites. So, user be careful while this notification occur on your screen. If you see these warning message, we recommend that you close the tab and don't visit the site.
What sites does Google mark as potentially dangerous?
- Sites which contain deceptive download buttons.
- Sites that pretend their content are legitimate and trusted.
- Sites that tries to trick the users into sharing login details or calling tech support.
When a "Deceptive Site Ahead" security error occurs a user will be directed to a red webpage that says:
Malicious Doings Of "Deceptive Site Ahead"
“Deceptive Site Ahead” security error message in Google Chrome is a security protocol that blocks you from deceptive websites. It also explains that deceptive websites are using several trick into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information. "Deceptive Site Ahead" is designed to flag deceptive sites which might install unknown software or reveal your personal information. Some-times, it trick you into downloading harmful software by telling you that you have a virus. Be careful not to download any harmful software.
A. “Deceptive Site Ahead” Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view “Deceptive Site Ahead” related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete “Deceptive Site Ahead” Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove “Deceptive Site Ahead” Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for “Deceptive Site Ahead” related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than “Deceptive Site Ahead”, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. “Deceptive Site Ahead” Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall “Deceptive Site Ahead” related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find “Deceptive Site Ahead” or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall “Deceptive Site Ahead” or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search “Deceptive Site Ahead” program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall “Deceptive Site Ahead” toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove “Deceptive Site Ahead” extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove “Deceptive Site Ahead”
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove “Deceptive Site Ahead” set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of “Deceptive Site Ahead” to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove “Deceptive Site Ahead” add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove “Deceptive Site Ahead” Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from “Deceptive Site Ahead”. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. “Deceptive Site Ahead” Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect “Deceptive Site Ahead” or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete “Deceptive Site Ahead” completely.
User Guide : Automatic “Deceptive Site Ahead” Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of “Deceptive Site Ahead” and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of “Deceptive Site Ahead” and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with “Deceptive Site Ahead”
Step 5 “Deceptive Site Ahead” Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.