Thesearchweb.net – Needful Information
Thesearchweb.net domain was registered in the end of 2014. At present time, it has been flagged as a browser hijacker (deceptive search engine) by a various AV vendors. Hence, you should note that using Thesearchweb.net as your default search provider is not a good idea. It has been developed under Marc Schlatter with the help of Joma Enr Organization. At first appearance, Thesearchweb.net looks very similar to legitimate search engine like Bing, Yahoo, Google, DuckDuck Go, Baidu. But the fact is, this search engine is promoted bundled up with free applications and games that you download off the Internet. Thesearchweb.net, also known as The Search Web app may arrive onto your system as an additional program and take over on your web browsers without your consent.
Following infiltration, you notice that Thesearchweb.net is set as your default search provider and homepage/newtab links are set to spamming websites. Even, system DNS settings are also altered by this browser hijacker application. The browser hijacker won’t keep your Windows safe from further attack. As you browse the Internet, The Search Web lets your computer expose to other threats without any notification. It may reroute your browser to phishing links, bogus ads, and vicious web pages in order to generate online marketing revenue. Giving shelter to such programs inside your Windows is always risky. You may be thinking, Thesearchweb.net is not a virus technically, so it will not harm your computer but this is not true. It can mislead you into installing trojanized software and purchasing bogus items from online stores.
How did Thesearchweb.net invade Windows?
Using deceptive distribution methods, Thesearchweb.net (a.k.a. The Search Web) invaded your Windows-machine. You may haven't noticed that this fake search engine come bundled up with freeware like PDF reader, Archive manager, Movie Maker, Video Editor, Media Player, Galaxy strike and others. Thesearchweb.net arrives onto your PC as an additional program, if you don't decline its installation at the time of installing free apps or games. If you pay close attention, you would see Advanced/Custom option on the setups window. This option simply allows you to block optional app installation.
In some other way, developers use spamming websites to convince users into installing Thesearchweb.net fake search engine. Apparently, at first it may seem to be so useful but in the end of the day you find out that installing this fake search engine was a mistake. Since, it takes over onto all web browsers, you will not find peace while surfing the Internet.
Therefore, we suggest you to delete Thesearchweb.net from your computer using the following removal methods. For real time protection, keep your Antivirus up-to-date and activated always.
A. Thesearchweb.net Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Thesearchweb.net related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Thesearchweb.net Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Thesearchweb.net Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Thesearchweb.net related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Thesearchweb.net, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Thesearchweb.net Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Thesearchweb.net related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Thesearchweb.net or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Thesearchweb.net or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Thesearchweb.net program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Thesearchweb.net toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Thesearchweb.net extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Thesearchweb.net
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Thesearchweb.net set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Thesearchweb.net to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Thesearchweb.net add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Thesearchweb.net Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Thesearchweb.net. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Thesearchweb.net Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Thesearchweb.net or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Thesearchweb.net completely.
User Guide : Automatic Thesearchweb.net Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Thesearchweb.net and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Thesearchweb.net and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Thesearchweb.net
Step 5 Thesearchweb.net Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.