How Dangerous is Mediafiretrend.com?
Mediafiretrend.com is a fake search engine page, first published in October 2010 and it was last updated in the end of 2016. It is an imitation of a legitimate search provider, still using this search provider could be harmful. Since, this has low reputation, it won't hesitate to lure you into downloading potentially malicious files in the name of providing real MediaFire file link. During initial research, our research team came across that Mediafiretrend.com automatically redirects your web browser to certain websites without any consent in order to generate online marketing commission. Have a look following image, I searched for 'Iron Man 3 movie' and it is showing result of Iron Man 3 movie.iso, [Hot release]- Iron Man 3 movie instead showing result for video files related to my search keyword. Besides, it displays few numbers of misleading advertisements on the search page as well.
Hence, we can say that Mediafiretrend.com isn't safe. If you are planing to use this deceptive search engine then you should stop yourself and thinks about its bad impacts. Once, it is activated, the fake search engine replaces your desired search provider (Google, Yahoo or Bing) with Mediafiretrend.com. Not only this, it disables safe content policy and lower online browsing security on your computer. Though, you computer might become vulnerable to a bunches of unwanted applications. These applications will keep irritating your by injecting hundreds of online advertisements on your pages that you visit. This situation continues….unless you remove Mediafiretrend.com from your computer.
Mediafiretrend.com – Ways of Intrusion
Actually, while installing free programs and games you allow Mediafiretrend.com fake search to invade your computer unknowingly. Most of the freeware programs' setups or installers come bundled up with Mediafiretrend.com or other identical threats. Taking advantages of your casualties, such setups perform stealth installation in order to deliver Mediafiretrend.com on your computer. In other hand, this browser hijacker application is promoted on several less reputed sites, these sites may try to convince you into installing Mediafiretrend.com by presenting it as a useful application. Though, you should not get in their trap.
In order to safeguard your computer, you should utilize trustworthy security software. You should also note that demo or trial version security software will protect your computer only against limited number of computer threats. Hence, you should not totally rely on demo versions. Keep your security software up to date and activated always. Now, follow the Mediafiretrend.com removal process given below:
A. Mediafiretrend.com Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Mediafiretrend.com related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Mediafiretrend.com Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Mediafiretrend.com Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Mediafiretrend.com related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Mediafiretrend.com, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Mediafiretrend.com Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Mediafiretrend.com related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Mediafiretrend.com or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Mediafiretrend.com or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Mediafiretrend.com program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Mediafiretrend.com toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Mediafiretrend.com extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Mediafiretrend.com
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Mediafiretrend.com set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Mediafiretrend.com to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Mediafiretrend.com add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Mediafiretrend.com Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Mediafiretrend.com. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Mediafiretrend.com Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Mediafiretrend.com or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Mediafiretrend.com completely.
User Guide : Automatic Mediafiretrend.com Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Mediafiretrend.com and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Mediafiretrend.com and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Mediafiretrend.com
Step 5 Mediafiretrend.com Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.