Crucial Facts To Know About Wallet Protector
Wallet Protector is basically a Mozilla Firefox add-on which the users while shopping online might find quite appealing because of the promises made by it to help them in saving money. Now though judging on the basis of description alone, it seems beneficial as it help the users in saving cash via automatically furnishing them with the best offers available at their favorite online stores. However on the contradictory to whatsoever is promised or claimed, it is suggested neither to trust any of the made promise nor to make use of this program and instead only focus on it's removal from the system since according to PC experts, application in reality is a potentially unwanted program developed by cyber spammers with the primary purpose of enticing rookie PC users into it's fake tricks and then generating illegal revenue from them.
Wallet Protector once loaded in the PC, contributes numerous disgusting issues in it. Experts have reported this undesired program initializing the execution of several vicious practices via firstly acquiring complete control over entire PC and then modifying it's default settings . This modification enables the suspicious program to make itself capable enough of obtaining automatic activation in the system with each Windows reboot. PUP moreover besides from this, tracks the users web browsing practices and gathers their non-personally identifiable stuff such as URLs of surfed websites, clicked links, liked advertisements etc. It additionally, might make access to crucial details of the compromised system. So, in a case of not desiring such practices to get exercised on the PC, it is important for the users to remove or disable Wallet Protector add-on from the PC.
Intrusion Methods of Wallet Protector
- Wallet Protector commonly proliferates itself very silently inside the computer system without being noticed by the users through freeware, shareware and drive-by-downloads.
- Infection besides might propagate itself via junk emails and their respective malicious attachments.
- Peer to peer file sharing and tapping several questionable images or links while surfing web also plays a very crucial role in the dissemination of this undesired programs inside PC.
- PUP often intrude itself through online games and contaminated external storage devices.
A. Wallet Protector Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Wallet Protector related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Wallet Protector Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Wallet Protector Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Wallet Protector related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Wallet Protector, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Wallet Protector Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Wallet Protector related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Wallet Protector or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Wallet Protector or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Wallet Protector program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Wallet Protector toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Wallet Protector extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Wallet Protector
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Wallet Protector set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Wallet Protector to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Wallet Protector add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
Uninstall Wallet Protector from Firefox
|French||Conseils Pour Supprimer Wallet Protector de Opera|
|German||Entfernen Wallet Protector von Opera : Herausreißen Wallet Protector|
|Polish||Odinstaluj Wallet Protector z Safari : Znieść Wallet Protector|
|Portuguese||Dicas para Remover Wallet Protector de Opera|
|Italian||passi per Disinstalla Wallet Protector|
|Spanish||Pasos rápidos para Borrar Wallet Protector|
|Japanese||の勝手を知っている 削除する Wallet Protector|
|Dutch||Stappen aan Desinstallatie Wallet Protector|
|Danish||Slet Wallet Protector Succesfuldt|
How to Remove Wallet Protector Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Wallet Protector. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Wallet Protector Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Wallet Protector or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Wallet Protector completely.
User Guide : Automatic Wallet Protector Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Wallet Protector and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Wallet Protector and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Wallet Protector
Step 5 Wallet Protector Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.