PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A – Malicious Activities
Being a potentially unwanted program, PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A performs a number of malicious activities on your computer. Technically, it isn’t a malware but poses great risk to your privacy. It can lure you into loading and executing malicious file and take over on your computer immediately. Usually, PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A obtains access to your Windows through freeware installation setup and spamming websites that deliver adware via drive by downloads. Unfortunately, we have to tell you that the adware make use of deceptive technique and generate money by taking advantages of your unsuspecting behavior. Actually, according to security experts, this unwanted program has been working as a commission generating tool from pas few years.
Moreover, you should note that once PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A is activated on your computer running Microsoft Windows, then all of yours installed browsers such as IE,FF, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera and others will be hacked. If you check settings of these browsers, you find DNS settings, search engine and homepage URLs are assigned to some questionable websites. Even, it disables Safe Content Policy on your targeted browser, though, neither you can reset your browser nor stop certain browser redirections. Despites, the adware also drops malicious extension, add-on and plug-ins to help remote attacker to achieve their nefarious goal.
Highlights of PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A infection
PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A displays a whole lot of pop-up, banners and other type of revenue generating advertisements .
Modifies start page, home page or search engine without your consent.
Causes certain redirects to unsafe domains
Opens a hundreds of newtab, consumes PC resource and degrades computer performance.
These two files can be found on the local disk of affected computer :
-C:\Program Files\The Results Hub\7za.exe
-C:\Program Files\The Results Hub\Extensions\firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, you know all important information related to PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A. Though, you can proceed to uninstall PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A adware from your affected computer. But, you should know that a highly reputed Antivirus software always protect your computer from such infections. So, you should keep Antivirus software installed and updated on your each system.
Looking for a video guide to uninstall PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A, watch this video
A. PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A completely.
User Guide : Automatic PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A
Step 5 PUP.Optional.TheResultsHub.A Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.