- Name: Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A
- Type: Trojan
- Detected on: 19th May 2016
- Latest Updated: 22nd February 2017
- Risk Impact: High
- Infection Length: Varies
- Affected Systems: Windows OS
Get More Knowledge on Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A
Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A is classed as a dangerous Trojan horse virus which unchecks the check-boxes into the installation dialogue boxes and effectively messing up with the choices without your consent during the installation of any program on your machine. It may get inside your computer together with Trojan:Win32/Ghokswa, Trojan:Win32/Xadupi, BrowserModifier:Win32/Sasquor and BrowserModifier:Win32/SupTab, when the computer users downloads and installs updates through redirected links. Meanwhile, it may also be downloaded and installed directly through software bundlers. The Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A virus ticks boxes inside into the evaluation criteria uses for identifying unwanted components.
However, installing program without your interaction, permission, or knowledge is considered undesired behavior, because that can take away your choice that you should have in identifying what kind of applications you want to install on your system. Besides, Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A is also known as Chuckenit which is an application reported as “Uncheckit”, whose main objective is to uncheck the check-boxes inside the installation dialogue boxes, by effectively messing with the choices without your permission during installation. Similar to other noxious malware belongs to this suite, it adds various Scheduled Tasks and then register a couple of services in order to automatically download updates, which may come inside with other programs or malware.
Prevention Tips For Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A
Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A is a part of a nasty infection chain which involves malware and program bundlers that silently installing other rogue applications. Thus, you need a credible and reputable security solution which detect and delete all components of such type of malicious infection. Ensure that you get the latest protection and keep your Windows operating system and installed anti-virus program up-to-date, in case, if you haven't already, then update it as soon as possible.
How Does Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A Malware Infect Your PC?
- Malware developers often uses deceptive techniques to try to convince you into downloading a malicious file by attaching them into the spam email which looks like as a genuine one.
- Various Trojans spread by infecting the removable drives such as external hard drives or USB flash drives.
- Some malwares, such as Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A can be installed at a same time as other softwares that you download. This includes the program from third party websites or files shared via P2P networks.
A. Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A completely.
User Guide : Automatic Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A
Step 5 Trojan: Win32/Chuckenit.A Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.