Technical Description on Dimnie
- Name: Dimnie
- Type: Trojan
- Discovered on: 28th March 2017
- Updated on: 30th March 2017, 5:24:08 PM
- Alert Level: Severe
- Infection Length: 205000 bytes
- Affected Systems: Windows OS
What do you know about Dimnie?
Dimnie is a nasty Trojan virus which steals information from the affected systems and designed especially to create havoc into the system. This threat can be as harmless as displaying irritating pop-ups onto your system's screen, or as nasty as disabling your computer's security system. Regardless of the malware behavior, the main objective of criminal hackers who developed threats like this one is to delete crucial system files and steal important data. Such type of infections are known to disrupt the normal functioning of the computer without users knowledge. Once the malware gains entry into your PC, it can add plenty of shortcuts of other rogue applications. Dimnie may bring other nasty threats that can keep adding shortcuts of other softwares onto your desktop. Finally, there are more severe strains of infections that are able to damage the operating system by just modifying Windows registry entries and other crucial settings of the machine with the main objective to make your PC unusable. Hence, it should be removed from your computer as early as possible.
How Did Dimnie Get onto Your System?
- Downloading apps from questionable web portals.
- Opening attached files of spam emails.
- Clicking on fake updates which trick you installing rogue apps.
- Softwares pretend itself as a malware removal program.
- Infected files circulating on P2P file sharing networks.
- External media, torrent sites and IRC channels.
Malicious Symptoms of Dimnie
- Unexpected error messages from operating system.
- Blue screen of death error in Windows machine.
- Affected system behaves unpredictably.
- Installed apps stop responding and display error notification.
- Plenty of new files getting created at root-level of the hard drive.
- Dimnie may cause sluggish performance of your machine.
- Delete some important files and folders.
- Cannot be removed by using common anti-virus tools.
A. Dimnie Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Dimnie related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Dimnie Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Dimnie Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Dimnie related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Dimnie, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Dimnie Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Dimnie related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Dimnie or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Dimnie or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Dimnie program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Dimnie toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Dimnie extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Dimnie
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Dimnie set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Dimnie to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Dimnie add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Dimnie Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Dimnie. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Dimnie Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Dimnie or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Dimnie completely.
User Guide : Automatic Dimnie Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Dimnie and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Dimnie and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Dimnie
Step 5 Dimnie Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.