SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 : Threat Analysis
- Name: SONAR.UACBypass!gen12
- Type: Trojan
- Detected on: 03rd July 2017
- Latest Published: 06th July 2017, 8:39:55 AM
- Alert Level: Severe
- Infection Length: Varies
- Systems Affected: Windows Operating System
Know More About SONAR.UACBypass!gen12
SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 is a dangerous Trojan horse virus which has been linked with a recent threat campaign and has gained notoriety just because its use of a new deceptive technique, known as UAC bypass in order to infiltrate the targeted computer and install other notorious infections. If the malware has been installed on your system without your knowledge, then it is quite important for you to understand that the threat is mainly designed by the team of cyber criminals to expose you to advertising materials. Most importantly, the presence of this threat indicates that your device has been compromised by a notorious Trojan virus, which may also indicate the presence of the other precarious threats or issues onto the targeted machine.
Besides, it appears that the SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 virus uses a deceptive tactic identified as UAC bypass in order to install rogue programs onto the compromised system. The Trojan has been heavily altered by the people responsible for this vicious attack so as to deliver intrusive advertisements and carry out some other annoying tasks onto the user's computer. It is currently unknown how this malware is being distributed over the victim's machine. However, one of the dangerous method used by the Trojan in its malicious attack is fairly well-known now. SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 uses UAC (User Account Control) bypass to execute malicious commands onto the affected system while bypassing the Windows UAC, thus not causing the appearance of any error message or alert.
How Does SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 Work?
Cyber security researchers discovered the UAC bypass technique which used by the Trojan. Although, it seems that the malware takes advantage of Windows Event Viewer's capacity in order to bypass UAC alerts and any other protective feature onto the victim's computer. Just only a couple of days after UAC bypass tactic was discovered and published, SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 attack using this method in order to infect the victim's machines with malicious threats have started to appear in the wild. During its vicious attack, it uses the system registry key to launch a software with an abnormal user privileges that then download and install a BAT file and other Trojan dropper. Therefore, it is very important to take immediate action for its complete removal to protect your PC from any damages.
A. SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than SONAR.UACBypass!gen12, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove SONAR.UACBypass!gen12
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from SONAR.UACBypass!gen12. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 completely.
User Guide : Automatic SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with SONAR.UACBypass!gen12
Step 5 SONAR.UACBypass!gen12 Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.