Research Report on CUPTONY.EXE
CUPTONY.EXE is an adware infection which is used by the cyber crooks in order to compromise your system's security. Similar to other adware threats, it will infect your PC with other threats, such as spyware, Trojan, keylogger, and worm. Such type of computer infections may gain access to the victim's crucial information, such as banking details, email address, user name, password, IP address, geo-location and other similar data. It may stealthily invade the user's machine and gain complete access to the system without users knowledge.
In most of the cases, the main goal of the operators behind CUPTONY.EXE threat is to steal confidential information from the computer in order to steal money from the victim's bank account. The worst about all is that the cyber criminals can perform several actions onto the machine and often lead to the infiltration of more nasty threats. That is why, security researchers from RPVT strongly suggest you to keep your installed anti-virus program up-to-date in order to prevent the infiltration of such unwanted threats.
CUPTONY.EXE : Mode of Distribution
In many potentially unwanted applications can get inside the targeted computer. The deceptive technique which is used by the criminal hackers for the distribution of CUPTONY.EXE virus is bundling. It very old but a powerful way to used by the scammers to infect your machine with undesired programs. Most of the adware threats comes bundled with freeware and shareware applications as a legitimate way. When users does not notice the installation procedures carefully, the threat gets inside the system with their permission after misleading them by using deceptive method. Therefore, cyber security analysts strongly suggest the PC users to opt for Custom and Advanced installation procedure while installing any program onto their system. In this way, then can easily identify and uncheck additional or recommended programs and prevent the installation of CUPTONY.EXE threat.
How Prevent the Invasion of CUPTONY.EXE on Your PC?
You must follow some safety measures in order to protect your computer from the intrusion of such noxious infections. Some of preventive measures are:
- Avoid clicking on pop-ups ads and sponsored links.
- Do not input crucial information to suspicious web portals.
- Never try to open the files attached to spam emails arrived from unknown senders.
- Stop visiting compromised websites, like pornographic and others.
- Always download programs from trustworthy domains in order to stay away from the threats like CUPTONY.EXE.
A. CUPTONY.EXE Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view CUPTONY.EXE related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete CUPTONY.EXE Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove CUPTONY.EXE Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for CUPTONY.EXE related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than CUPTONY.EXE, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. CUPTONY.EXE Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall CUPTONY.EXE related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find CUPTONY.EXE or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall CUPTONY.EXE or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search CUPTONY.EXE program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall CUPTONY.EXE toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove CUPTONY.EXE extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove CUPTONY.EXE
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove CUPTONY.EXE set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of CUPTONY.EXE to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove CUPTONY.EXE add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
Delete CUPTONY.EXE from Internet Explorer : Block CUPTONY.EXE
How to Remove CUPTONY.EXE Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from CUPTONY.EXE. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. CUPTONY.EXE Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect CUPTONY.EXE or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete CUPTONY.EXE completely.
User Guide : Automatic CUPTONY.EXE Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of CUPTONY.EXE and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of CUPTONY.EXE and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with CUPTONY.EXE
Step 5 CUPTONY.EXE Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.